Royal Wedding Cakes

Lounge By TiggerWazzu Updated 28 Nov 2006 , 7:27pm by Sweetgurl

TiggerWazzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiggerWazzu Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 5:33am
post #1 of 5

Here's a link to an interesting site about royalty. This is their page on wedding cakes of the royals.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f95/royal-wedding-cakes-4219.html

Thanks,
TiggerWazzu

4 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 5:44am
post #2 of 5

Very interesting and very ornate cakes. I was impressed with what they were doing in the way of cake design in 1934, pretty amazing.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 6:35am
post #3 of 5

Wow! that was very interesting! I bookmarked that page so I could show my family (since it's 1;34 a.m. and the CC addict is the only one still awake right now!) icon_biggrin.gif

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 7:31am
post #4 of 5

What great wedding cakes, thanks for the link. I can't imagine how someone(s) could make an 800 lb. cake!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

Sweetgurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetgurl Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 5

Those cakes were alright, but if you want to see some really fantastic cakes, look up Australian methods and African techniques. I have some old magazines from the early 60's that would knock your socks off. And one more thing, as a professional cake decorator of almost 20 years, most of those cakes are display only. The bottom tier might be real cake, but the rest is fake. I do them from time to time. When a wedding party is that big , there is no time to cut, plate up and serve cleanly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%