Desperate For An Easy Fondant Baby Shower Cake Idea!

Decorating By Caren Updated 29 Nov 2006 , 2:51am by Caren

Caren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caren Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:08am
post #1 of 11

How's this for crazy... I've agreed to make a cake for a SMALL baby shower next weekend. I've done baby shower cakes before but have never used fondant. I want a SIMPLE fondant cake idea - I was thinking of just doing a 2 layer 8-inch round cake. She is having a girl and i want the cake to be really "girly" - lots of flowers????? I am just at a loss for what I want to do. HELP! Any ideas? I looked in the gallery but couldn't find any really small cakes.

10 replies
moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:10am
post #2 of 11

I do alot of two teired 8" and 5" cakes. Just click on the link to my website below!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:18am
post #3 of 11

really simple:

make little baby head, arms, body.

cover cake in fondant

lay on baby

make a little pink blankie out of fondant an lay on top of baby.

decorate sides w/ anything girly: flowers, ballet slippers, pink rocking horse, etc.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:28am
post #5 of 11

I have a couple of very simple girl shower cakes in my pics-a pink and green one and the baby poking her head out of the stork bag.

saj_stuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saj_stuff Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:39am
post #6 of 11

Here's one I did. Kind of sounds like what Doug described.

An 8" round and a 6" round all in buttercream with MMF baby girl. Got the baby girl idea from this website. Thanks to all!

Please excuse the non-smooth edges....hadn't yet found out about the Viva trick!

Good luck! Can't wait to see what you do.
LL

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:51am
post #7 of 11

I am sending a link to a very sweet and completely easy bootie you can make from fondant..make a couple of them in white... perhaps the cake fondant in pink and make some fondant pearls for the border and that is a very easy cake.
I just made the booties tonight for a new baby cake at my work and they took no more than 10 minutes..they are cute.

See the pics..it is a tutorial about 1/2 way down page when you get to the topic..

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-49631.html

HTH
Jane

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:30pm
post #9 of 11

I like covering the cake with pink fondant and then I make a white bow out of fondant so it looks like a present. I make a tag out of fondant and use buttercream to write something on it ex. the most precious present or something like that.

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 6:38pm
post #10 of 11

I just did 2 cute and simple ones using cut outs/mini cutters (feet and bears) check my photos. Also I did one with daisys and you could make them have pink center. They were VERY easy!

Good Luck!!!

Caren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caren Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 2:51am
post #11 of 11

Thank you everyone for all your advice! I ended up deciding to do a simple white fondant cake with a baby on the top and a pink blanket on top of her. Some yellow flowers, too. I will post pics when I finish. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%