My First Rose Bouquet....

Decorating By stephanie214 Updated 30 Nov 2006 , 2:37pm by stephanie214

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 12:03am
post #1 of 42

The beautician that does my Barbie Dolls hair is getting married in '07 so I made this for her.

This is my first one and boy, let me tell you this, stapling those cups together is no fun...I even tore my stapler up icon_cry.gif

Finally, after several tries, I managed to get the cups together but had some large gaps between some so I used gum paste and laid it over the gaps to harden and then proceeded with decorating.

After covering the cake board with the ruffle, I used Elmer's Glue to hold the cups in place.

The last insult to misery....I couldn't remember how to do a rosebud icon_eek.gif ; it's been over a year since I had made one icon_sad.gif

Final rating....I can't wait to do another one!!. The Bouquet, like the Cupcake Cake is quick and fun to do after you get the first one behind you icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-86077

41 replies
Aster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aster Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 12:11am
post #2 of 42

Looks great!! Barbie Dolls hair??! icon_smile.gif

cigarHerb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cigarHerb Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:26am
post #3 of 42

being in Texas we have al ot of dolls that get their hair done. Quincinera's are big around here, and when we do a doll cake the dolls hair has to match the girls hair and its dress has to match the girls dress.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:29am
post #4 of 42

looks great! could never tell it was your first.

ok...so just how do you make one of there?

(and might a hot melt glue gun work better than a stapler?)

sherry4620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherry4620 Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:32am
post #5 of 42

They look very pretty.

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:35am
post #6 of 42

That is beautiful. I sure couldn't tell that was your first one. I also would like to know how you did that. Great job!

bonniesido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniesido Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 4:02am
post #7 of 42

That is absolutely beautiful! I have never saw one before, but can't wait to try one now! Thanks for sharing such a great idea!

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 4:36am
post #8 of 42

looks beautiful, Stephanie..

and yep.. i agree with doug, a hot glue gun would be easier..

i bet she loved it!!!

kylie

Aster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aster Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 4:38am
post #9 of 42

I would love to do barbie doll hair professionally! Seriously what a cool idea.

stephanie214 Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 1:14pm
post #10 of 42

Thanks for the compliments icon_biggrin.gif

I thought of that but only have the hot glue sticks....no cold ones icon_cry.gif

Yep, she loved it icon_biggrin.gif

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 6:59pm
post #11 of 42

Can I ask why you stapled them together? What does it do?

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 1:22am
post #12 of 42

so i have never done this kind of rose bouqet but im guessing its not meant to be eaten with the staples and elmers glue right?

stephanie214 Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 2:59am
post #13 of 42

One of CC's members posted the following pictures on how to assemble the plastic cups into a bouquet.

I'm sorry that I can not remember the member's name to give credit so if anyone know, please reply with the name. I copied the pictures to my personal file and forgot to add the member's name to the file icon_redface.gif

Material that I used:

Ninteen of the 5oz. plastic cups
stapler
Ten inch round cake board
Decorative ruffle

Directions that I used:

1. One center cup
2. Staple six cups to the center cup and to each other to fasten
3. Staple twelve cups to the six cups and to each other to fasten
4. I used Elmers glue to fasten the decorative ruffle around the cake
board with just a little of the ruffle covering the edge of the cake
board.
5. Place the cup bouquet centered on the ruffled board and then glue to
the board to hold in place.
6. Place the cupcakes in each cup and push them down to fit snug in the
cups.
7. Crumb coat each one and proceed with applying the icing with the icing
tip of your choice to decorate.
8. You can spray them with colors or color your icing. I left mine white
because I used roses and rose buds on top of each one.

Note: If you have some large gaps between the cups, use gum paste to
cover the gaps and let dry at least one hour before filling the cups
with the cupcakes.

This will give you a total count of ninteen cupcakes.

I baked my cupcakes in the cupcake cups with the silver or gold foil.

Once again, if you know the person or if the person that gave the directions please post so that credit can be given thumbs_up.gif .
LL
LL

stephanie214 Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 8:03pm
post #14 of 42

By the way, do you think $40.00 would be to much to charge?

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 8:16pm
post #15 of 42

How cool! Thanks for posting the pics of how to assemble. I am going to have to try this one!!!

BTW - I think $40 is good. icon_smile.gif

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 8:31pm
post #16 of 42

Wow! That bouquet is awesome. You did a fantastic job!! thumbs_up.gif

I've never seen this before. Looking forward to trying.

What size are the cupcakes? And, are they easy to remove from the cups once they are fitted snug in the cup?

Thanks for posting the instructions.

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 8:40pm
post #17 of 42

The directions are in the How do I forum for cupcake bouquet. I posted the pics of the cups stapled together and ruffle stapled to the plate. Yours is so pretty. Great job!

cncgirl00 Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 8:50pm
post #18 of 42

The cupcakes are just standard size. They are pretty easy to get out of the cup-ya may get a little icing on your fingers, though! I used a 3 1/2 oz. cup instead of the 5 oz. It makes the cupcake sit a little higher in the cup.

stephanie214 Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 11:49pm
post #19 of 42

Thanks cncgirl00,

I couldn't remember your name so that I could give you credit for sharing your bouquet directions and pictures. When I added the pictures to my private file, I forgot to add your name icon_redface.gif .

I was hoping that you or someone that knew who posted would let me know so that I could thank you.

Hope you don't mind that I added your cup pictures to share with others. icon_smile.gif

Will go and add your name to my bouquet picture thumbs_up.gif

cncgirl00 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 11:04am
post #20 of 42

No problem. Glad that I could help. That's what we're here for, right?

janbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janbabe Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 11:22am
post #21 of 42

what a great idea. Very effective.
I will have to give it a go and see if I can get it too look half as nice as yours!!
cheers
Jan

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 11:54am
post #22 of 42

wow, That looks really great Stephanie!! Great job.

Also cncgirl00 what a fantastic idea to use those cups!!! Gonna have to try that one ; )

thanks!!!
Nati

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 12:04pm
post #23 of 42

I AM DIFINITELY GOING TO TRY THIS ONE, THANKS STEPHANIE, YOU ARE ALWAYS ALOT OF HELP!

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 12:14pm
post #24 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenm0712

How cool! Thanks for posting the pics of how to assemble. I am going to have to try this one!!!

BTW - I think $40 is good. icon_smile.gif

DITTO! thumbs_up.gif

cncgirl00 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 12:38pm
post #25 of 42

I can't take credit for this idea. I first saw them on the Wilton site before I found Cake Central. The same pics from that site are in the gallery here, now. The original poster on the Wilton site was mbarajas04. I did post pics of the cups and ruffle because so many people had pm-ed with questions.

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 12:47pm
post #26 of 42

Wowie wow wow! What a neat idea!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 2:06pm
post #27 of 42

i'm so confused icon_redface.gif

1st about the barbie's hair icon_confused.gif

2nd about how to do this & what cupcakes have to do w/it icon_sad.gif

3rd about it's purpose or is it edible (glue & staples on board only) icon_cry.gif

& again about the barbie--we always played w/barbie around my house

okay--seriously--do you put cupcakes inside the cups decorate on top of that & then is it's purpose for a wedding bouquet, a decoration or to be consumed. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

thanks everyone for putting up with me this morning--confusion has got me to early today

cncgirl00 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 2:17pm
post #28 of 42

The cupcake bouquet is like an edible decoration. The cups and plate(or board) are just the holders for the cupcakes (also makes moving them easier). I donated two bouquets to a church fundraiser and now a lady who saw them is going to use them at a wedding instead of a huge cake. Kill two birds with one stone-table decorations and cake for guests!

cncgirl00 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 2:28pm
post #29 of 42

Here are the original instructions that I found on the Wilton forum ( the pics were not in the original post):

mbarajas04 on Wilton.com posted these
instructions:

Here are the instructions on how to make the cupcake bouquets with some pictures also
Supplies:
19 cupcakes
19 5 oz. plastic cups
30 inches of cake ruffle (whatever color matches your theme)
One 10 1/2 inch plastic plate
Stapler
Icing Tip # 2D
Decorations (Theme of your choice, use cake toppers for the center and you may use cupcake picks, sugar layons, edible sprinkles, cupcake rings, etc. to decorate all 19 cupcakes.

Instructions:
First begin with stapling the 19 cups together. Get one cup as the center and staple 6 cups around that one cup, then staples the remainder 12 cups all around the 6 cups, it will then give you a shape of a bouquet. ( I attached a picture so you can see what it has to look like)
Second get your 10" plate and cut out the edges. Then staple the cake ruffle all around the plate.
Third, insert your 19 cupcakes in each cup.
Fourth, lets decorate!! You will need your icing tip 2D with your frosting ( the frosting can be any kind you want as long as its white. Example buttercream or pastry pride whip topping.
Using tip and icing decorate the cupcakes. You can color the icing with cupcake color mist or you can color the icing before you decorate with icing color die. Then put the sprinkles all around the top of icing. Then in the center put your main cake topper. Last put the rest of decorations on each cupcake like picks, rings, and sugar layons.

Last if you want to transport the cupcakes in your car, use a 14" cake box and cut the top off the box and cut a 10" circle in the center of the top you cut off. After you cut the circle out fold the sides of the top 2 times then insert the top inside your 14" box. That will keep the cupcakes from moving anywhere. Place the cupcake bouquet with plate in your 14"box.

stephanie214 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 2:35pm
post #30 of 42

Thanks everyone icon_biggrin.gif

daltonam,

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I take my Barbies to the beautician when I have to do a doll cake...Barbie loves the attention icon_lol.gif .

Well, Barbie's beautician is getting married in '07 so I made this for her from my Barbies...since they can't cook a lick icon_lol.gif

Yep, you place the cupcakes inside the rim of the cups only. The bouquet can be used for different themes just like regular cakes; sort of like a cupcake cake. They are really easy and quick to do.

Yes, they are easy to remove icon_smile.gif

cncgirl00, you are certainly right about helping each other icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%