Sweet 16 Help

Decorating By klesyd Updated 24 Sep 2007 , 11:23pm by SheilaF

klesyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klesyd Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 3

I need an idea for a sweet 16 cake. Is there a trick to looking up a particular cake in the gallery? I don't want to go through all 21000 children's cakes or 21000 birthday cakes to search for a sweet 16 cake. can anyone tell me the trick to find just those pictures or does anyone have an idea they could share? The customer wants 16 incorrporated onto the cake somewhere.

2 replies
confectioneista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectioneista Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 3

I try to use words that would describe the essence of what I want. In other words, use words that describe the theme of the cake since that's probably how others have listed their pics ("whimsical", "polka dots", "pink", "scrolls", etc.).

As for an idea, how about something whimsical using pink and purple colors (they go great together) with strips or dots or whimsical flowers scattered about or perhaps stars "shooting" off the cake layers (i.e. fondant or gum paste star cutouts wired using floral wire) with a funky-looking "16" for a cake topper?

Hope this helps get you going. Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

P.S. Post your finished design!

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 11:23pm
post #3 of 3

My niece wanted a simple "elegant" cake for her sweet 16. I made the "16" out of royal icing to put on top. Here's a link to it here

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_103393.html

Some of us did put Sweet 16 in the title on the cake when uploading them icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%