Recipe Contest

Decorating By mkmetz Updated 28 Nov 2006 , 5:09pm by mkmetz

mkmetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkmetz Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone! Although I love cake decorating, I love all kinds of cooking, as I'm sure many of you do, too. I've entered a recipe contest with my microwave pumpkin cake on Chefs.com and I'm in the semi=finals. Now folks can get online and vote for my recipe. If anyone is interested, the website is http://treasuredrecipes.chefs.com. You do have to become a chefs.com member, but it's free. My recipe is "Pumpkin Cake" from Melissa in Raleigh, NC. Feel free to try out the recipe if you like! I created it when I was deployed to Iraq with the Marine Corps (so there are no eggs in the recipe--I couldn't get those in Iraq). Thank you!!

7 replies
Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 8

I'm going over there and check it out!

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 12:38am
post #3 of 8

I will be sure to vote for ya! BTW, I also entered a recipe...but didn't become a finalist. I hope you win!!!!
~Beth icon_rolleyes.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 12:41am
post #4 of 8

I am so into anything that I can microwave! I am always getting last minute company. This will be another "make it while they wait" recipe for me!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 12:42am
post #5 of 8

PS -- Melissa,

Thanks for the time you spent over there, and welcome home!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 12:47am
post #6 of 8

well, i've been trying all day to vote, but after i signed up & logged in, it says i'm using the wrong password--so i asked for an e-mail of the password & i still haven't got it yet--i guess i'll sign up again--

but i'm going to vote--for sure (even if i wouldn't touch pumpkin anything w/a 10 ft pole--haha icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif )

usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:35am
post #7 of 8

i think i finally got it

mkmetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkmetz Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 5:09pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for all your comments! My message about the contest was the first time I've ever posted anything on the internet. It's kind of fun : )
As for the contest, I seem to be holding steady around 22 or 23rd place. But I haven't given up hope yet--the votes continue until the end of January! Even if I don't make the top 5, I think I'll enter the recipe in another contest. I've made it twice this month and people seem to like it! Of course I wondered if we all liked it in Iraq b/c we couldn't get much good food there, but it's still tasty in the U.S.!!

For the anti-pumpkin eater. . . I hate pumpkin pie and I always thought I would hate pumpkin anything, but with the spices and applesauce in this cake, a few folks at work told me they couldn't even taste the pumpkin.

For Theresa . . . I appreciate your kind words about my service--you're sincerely welcome. I left active duty on July 1, 2006, but I will never regret my service--it was a life changing experience.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%