Topsy Turvy Cake Sizes

Decorating By amoos Updated 23 Sep 2007 , 3:45am by amoos

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making a cake for my friend's 33'rd b/day party. It's going to be all Packer's theme (his fav. team).

Anyway, I thought about doing a topsy turvy one since I've never done it before......thought it might be fun to try.

But the only round pans I have are 2 9in rounds and 1 6in round. Can I use those sizes together???

When I make a reg. 9in round I use 2 boxes of cake mix, 1 in each pan to make it extremely full and tall. Would I still do that or only use 1 mix and not make it as tall???

Thanks for ANY help you could give me. And anyone with some cool Packers decoration ideas would be great to hear as well! THANK YOU!!!

2 replies
albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 3

When I did my topsy-turvy cakes, I invested in more cake pans and used the instructions here on CC. For a 3-tier cake, you would need 7 different cake pan sizes. I really don't know how you could make it with only 2 size pans. Maybe someone else has some ideas, though?

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 3:45am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your comment anyway! I posted on another topic just in case and got a little help. I would love to have more pans (and plan on getting some soon) but my hubby and I are stationed overseas and it takes about 3 weeks to have ANYTHING mailed to us.....this was kind of a spur of the moment idea. Thanks again, and hopefully the other's suggestion will do the trick!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%