Things People Do That Irk You

Lounge By Dreme Updated 25 Dec 2006 , 4:52pm by Zmama

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 2:48am
post #1 of 92

After posting about Walmart, I realized my problem wasnt really Walmart, but people. The general everyday public. I do love people, but there are some that can really irk a person. So I was wondering what are the top things that people do that get on your nerves.

*Wait one more thing.......This must not be CC related. No posting about other members of the site or any other baking sites. If anything lets keep this out of the kitchen. Just everyday, non-cake related things that irk you.

(I will be back later to post mine)

91 replies
Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 2:53am
post #2 of 92

Eating with their mouth open, and talking with their mouth full. Really, is what they have to say so important that they can't swallow first? And the chewing with it open - hmmm, that DID look good, but now that I see it in your mouth all slobbery and mushed, it's not quite so appetizing.

It's quite the diet, though! I barely finished one plate today. Grosses me out, and I am one who can eat just about anything.

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 3:13am
post #3 of 92

People that tell you one thing and do another. Or people that take appreciation for what you did.

Dreme Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 3:30am
post #4 of 92

(There are so many but heres a few)

1. People who think they need to use thier cell phones more than they need air.

2. People who need to be babied. "Im sorry did I forget to tell you that you were doing a good job today".

3. People who stand in a line more than 10 mins, 50 people deep, and then want to go back and get stuff as soon as they get to the counter.

4. People who put thier money on the counter and slide it towards you. Especially change.

5. People who ask for frappachinos while it's snowing in the drive-thru.

6. People who ask for skim eggnog. Do you ask if the eggnog is skim when you drink it at a party. NO!

7. People who get in line with two shopping carts, and then want you to help them.

8. People who cant use the self serve lanes in stores.

9. People who change thier minds constantly while you are trying to provide a service for them. Then get mad when they are charged the Changers fee.

10. People who honk their horns while wating in line at the drive thru. No one told you you had to join the line.

11. People who pull up and dont know what they want. Then how did you know you wanted to come here? Be thinking about that on the way here.

12. People who pull up, then call others to ask them what they want.

13. People who take too long to decide on something.

14. People who want what you got and bug you about it.

15. People who ask personal questions that arent their business.

16. People who think stupid things out loud.

17. People who cant handle dissapointment. "Im sorry we are out of lemon pound cake. Hold on.....just.....just breathe. We will be getting more shortly. Its ok. Life will go on. Just breathe with me".

18. Grown people who are trying to get you to believe in Santa. I understand that your child believes, thats ok. But im an adult, I dont need to believe.

19. People who think im 13. Im short. But not that young. Thank you though. Im sure I will look good at 50.

20. People who dont smile. Who look like they are on their period everyday. WTH is wrong with you! Cant you smile, just for one day. See what happens when you dont smile, it gets stuck like that. Now your face will be in that ugly position for the rest of your life. I feel so bad for you. Here take a lollipop.

and there is so much more......

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 3:57am
post #5 of 92

People who eat the food they are suppose to be buying while shopping in the grocery store. (grapes, bannanas, cookies, cereal, juice, etc.) How are they suppose to weigh the grapes that someone ate or the bannanas? I have seen a family of kids eating junk in the store and then put the opened box back on a shelf instead of paying for the opened box when they checked out.

born2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake4u Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 4:35am
post #6 of 92

okk i just gotta post, my biggest irk is when someone is so unhappy with thier own lives that they think everyone else is stupid and proceed to say it out loud. and when a grown adult acts like a two year old and wants to be the center of attention over there own kid. and anyone who thinks that a woman who works a 40 hr week and then comes home doesn't have it as hard as a man who works 50 comes home sits on his butt in front of the tv and does nothing else, while the woman works another 6 to 7 hrs with laundry, dishes, cooking cleaning running the kids all over egypt. that would have to be my biggest one.oh yeah and mows the yard, makes sure the vehicles get htere oil changes, and does all the bills. and never not once gets a vacation without the kids. hhhmmm. can you tell thats a big one for me. sorry i must have needed to vent. yikes icon_redface.gif

Dreme Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 4:36am
post #7 of 92

21. People who try and scan grapes and other non scanable items in the self check out lane and then get confused.

born2bake4u Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 4:38am
post #8 of 92

oh that reminds me the self checkout lanes. they are not paying me to do there job, nor are they giving me a big enough discount to check my self out, and third, i will not take someone job

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 5:04am
post #9 of 92

People who have to ask what kind of dip something is, if it has nuts, if it has cilantro, etc and they don't have allergies. Can't you just try a bite? Then they make sure that EVERYONE knows what they do like or how they eat certain foods.

People who swear around kids, especially ones that have little kids of their own.

People who underestimate their children, I heard that today about a 20 month old child that he couldn't understand a cartoon story line. If you underestimate them they aren't going to achieve what they are capable of.

BIG women who wear halter tops with no bra, certain things hanging to their elbows, the halter barely covering the important parts when it's below freezing and they're at a church or family thing.

People who want to pretend that they know how to do everything or have ideas about how you should do things that you already know how to do and their ideas are far from the best.

I'm sure I have tons more that I can come up with, after all I just spent a few hours with my husband's family. icon_rolleyes.gif

Zmama Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 5:16am
post #10 of 92

People who aren't thankfull! I was with 5 teenagers today, each of whom have tv's, dvd players, video games, etc, etc, and when asked what they are thankfull for -"Nuthin." "Family? Health? Food, clothing, shelter?" "No."

And here comes Christmas...

Dreme Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 5:17am
post #11 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

BIG women who wear halter tops with no bra, certain things hanging to their elbows, the halter barely covering the important parts when it's below freezing and they're at a church or family thing.

lol, I agree. I have nothing against the fuller woman. Heck im not a size 0 myself. Its just that not everyone can wear everything. Sometimes you just have to wear whats right for your size and age group.

Just my opinion: It's only ok to go w/o a bra if you have a flat chest. Cake truffles your fine. Cupcakes and up, you prolly need a bra. Budnt pans dont even think about it.

Zmama Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 5:25am
post #12 of 92

People who don't wear deodorant - and you can tell standing 3 feet away.

People who bathe in perfume.

Dreme Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 5:26am
post #13 of 92

lol at Zmama

Zmama Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 5:29am
post #14 of 92

Oh, yeah - COOLWHIP HOGS!!!!

2 tubs, 15 people. Good. 1/2 tub per person and none for anyone else - BAD!!!!!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 1:21pm
post #15 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSnackCake

Just my opinion: It's only ok to go w/o a bra if you have a flat chest. Cake truffles your fine. Cupcakes and up, you prolly need a bra. Budnt pans dont even think about it.

Good way to put it. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif The person who wears halter tops I was referring to is at least a budnt pan. icon_lol.gif

I don't have anything against big women either, it's just certain things some of them shouldn't wear.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 2:20pm
post #16 of 92

People with intolerance to other people. I always say that I'm intolerant to intolerance. I hate racism, hate sexism, hate homophobiacs (sp?), hate big egos, people that thinks they know it all. I'm a person that loves everyone until they prove me wrong instead of the opposite. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, imo. So no matter what color you are, what's your sexual preference, what's your job choice...
I hate people who judge everyone without even talking to the person. I don't thin we can get along with everyone, but we don't have to be cruel and hate them.

So if you can smile, I'll smile back! and if I smile, smile back to me!

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 4:29pm
post #17 of 92

Pootchie - I agree with you!! I am extremely intolerant of intolerance. I always though it sounded a little crazy!! icon_confused.gif But at least I guess I am not alone. icon_biggrin.gif

I have said since I was a very young child that all it would take for World Peace is love. I know sappy and overly simple. icon_redface.gif

georgies_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
georgies_girl Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 5:57pm
post #18 of 92

Thank you, Pootchie....well said.

I have something to add, also.

I have certain things that irritate me to, but when I add them into the main scheme of my life, they just aren't important enough to waste my time or energy on.

My husband has a bad habit of smacking when he eats, and I have alerted him to fact that this really bothers me, but I don't say anything about it anymore, because sadly, there may come a day when I would give anything to hear that smacking coming from him.

Just remember that the person who seems so flighty and undecided when you come across them in a store or any other public setting may have a sick child at home, or may have just received news that a family member is terminally ill. Maybe their spouse just lost their job. You have no idea what lies beneath the surface of the person that you have never seen before, and will probably never see again.

The day that my father passed away, I had to take my 6 year old son to the emergency room with an abcessed ADULT molar, the nurse was very ugly to me and scolded me for allowing this to happen. I felt as though I was about to have a nervous breakdown right there and then, but had to hold it together for the sake of my son. Three days later, I had to bury my father in the morning and then have my son at an oral surgeon in the afternoon for them to remove the tooth. I can guarantee you that if a stranger had crossed me that day there would have been hell to pay.

cakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerator Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 9:10pm
post #19 of 92

georgies girl, i'm so sorry to hear that happened to you.

if i lose patience with someone driving or in a store, i try to think of things like that.
a similar situation happened to me. my mother was really ill and in the hospital. i was at the supermarket picking up a few things but my mind was elsewhere. well, i must not have been watching where i was going and i 'cut off' someone coming out of an aisle. he made a rude sarcastic comment to me and i thought it was going to send me over the edge. i turned toward him and looked him in the eyes and said ' you should think before you are blatantly rude to someone '. i felt like i had fire coming out of my eyes at him.
of course, he had no idea what i was going through at the time. but, it has taught me a lesson to try to be mindful of what others may be experiencing in their lives. at any time, someone on the road or out in public could be carrying a heavy burden in their personal lives. we have no way of knowing.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 9:37pm
post #20 of 92

People who say the word "like" every few seconds. It makes a conversation so annoying. icon_rolleyes.gif

People (okay...men!) who spit. I wish it were illegal! icon_mad.gif

People who are all talk, but no action. Even more annoying is someone who complains and complains, but doesn't do anything about their situation. icon_evil.gif

People who litter. It's so ignorant!! thumbsdown.gif

People who blame other people (or even their "childhood") and use it as a crutch or an excuse for their present-day situation. There are so many wonderful people out there with genuine problems that come out of horrendous circumstances and flourish. Not that everyone can or will, but it's the attitude that makes the difference.

born2bake4u Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 10:23pm
post #21 of 92

hey i learned soething else. grown men who hoop and hollar stupid things at you while you are with your children went to look at a car today and thats what happened. i held up my weeding ring said i was married and that they couldn't afford me. then i brought my hubby back to the lot and boy did they shut up really fast. my daughter wouldn't let me tell them what i really thought. and what was really bad they actually were friends of the owner. guess who isn't shopping there anymore.

cakecrumb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrumb Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 11:20pm
post #22 of 92

people who don't cover their mouth when they cough

people who don't teach their children to cover their own mouth when they cough

people who don't say 'thank you' when you hold the door for them or when you let them out into traffic.

people who talk on cell phones while driving and drive 2 miles an hour because they can't do both - drive and talk on the phone simultaneously.

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 11:38pm
post #23 of 92

People who talk out loud in a movie theater.

People who do not turn off their cell phones in places like church, movies, meetings, hospital waiting rooms, plays, restrautants, etc.

People who talk extremely loud on their cell phones in public places and then look at you like you are being nosy if you try to indicate to them that they are disturbing everybody.

People who ignore their kids in a store because they are too busy talking on their cell phones.

Can you tell cell phone users need etiquette lessons?

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 2:56am
post #24 of 92

Cashiers who will go thru your entire transaction and not say a single word to you. (Sometimes, I will say "how much?" just so they must say something to me"

As Antonia 74 stated, people who litter

People who will go thru a door ahead of me and not bother to hold it.

Tailgaters!!! icon_mad.gif

People who go thru the 12 items or more lane with 20 items.

Dreme Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 4:03am
post #25 of 92

22. People who wipe their snot on their sleeves and have the nerve to sport the residue left behind on thier garment. THAT IS SO NASTY!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 4:33am
post #26 of 92

I can't stand stupid people. There are so many of them out there! Come on.. think before you act.

Don't beep your horn at my school bus... That irks me to no end!! I have precious cargo on board & I will go across this busy intersection when I know it is safe for my precious cargo!! Can you believe people actually beep their horn at me? How stupid!

It irks me when people let things ruin their day. There is no reason for it at all. My DH is the worlds worst at letting this happen. We are the only one in control of our day. We should turn bad into good & keep on trucking. Always look for the good in every situation. Eventhough you might not think there is any good... there is~ <><

It irks me when someone has a special talent but they won't share it... You have a God given gift... share it, or you might lose it.

It irks me when we have so many blessings & don't see them right in front of our faces.

OK... getting off my soapbox now~ icon_smile.gif

born2bake4u Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 1:00pm
post #27 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSnackCake

22. People who wipe their snot on their sleeves and have the nerve to sport the residue left behind on thier garment. THAT IS SO NASTY!

ooohhh that is a good one gross, and whats bad is the adults that do that and heres one that goes with it, when you see guys blowing there knows and not using a tissue. thats discusting.

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 2:07pm
post #28 of 92

Checkout girls who continue a conversation with each other whilst scanning my products and stop to talk with their hands so slowing the process even more....then don't say please or thankyou whilst asking for or taking your money! icon_mad.gif

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 8:15pm
post #29 of 92

people who give my husband and I the stink eye because we are laughing and having fun

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 11:41pm
post #30 of 92

My big things are:
1. Littering. I've even made my son go back across the street to pick up something I saw him drop on the ground.

2. The lack of manners in the world today, and not just by young people. Nobody says please and/or thank you, or shows common courtesy to anyone else anymore. My sons are 18 and 8 and when they were both around 3 yrs old. we had what I called "Manners Week", where for a whole week they learned and were shown what good manners and respect are. And I never let them forget it. They still get a refresher course every now and then when I think they need it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%