Creme Bouquet And Other Flavorings

Decorating By arosstx Updated 5 Oct 2007 , 5:00pm by krazykat_14

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 20

I have had this site bookmarked for a while, but wasn't sure if they sold to the public or not so I called them. A very sweet lady in Michigan answered the phone, and took my order. They sell over the phone, or by fax, and will send out a price brochure upon request. Everything they make is made right there at their factory. I would give her the 'formula number' and she would look it up and give me the price. I was impressed enough that I thought it might help someone else and wanted to share.

http://www.nationalflavors.com/index.htm
1 QUART of Creme Bouquet - $6.65 (yes, you read that right)
1 GALLON of it - $19.95 (again, not a typo)

They also have the Princess Cake Flavor for a little over $4/quart. They have extracts, oils, and every flavor you can think of and some I never knew existed. They sell glycerin, xantham gum, meringue powder, and a ton of other stuff. Worth checking out in my opinion.

19 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 20

They have a ton of great stuff - I didn't have time to even look through it all. Thanks for posting this resource!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 20

JanH, you rock! You are always the go-to gal when it comes to stuff like this! I will check out the the links you posted. I ordered the creme bouquet, and the princess cake one, just to see how they are. I normally use the Magic Line brand of CB, so we'll see how it compares.

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 20

What is Princess cake flavor?

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 20

Hi all,
So tell me what does the Creme Bouquet and Princess Cake flavor take like? How much would you add to say one cake mix?

KimAZ

Diesel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Diesel Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 6:45pm
post #7 of 20

I would like to know what the princess cake flavor is too.

I bought Creme bouquet from a local cake supply store here and honestly, not a big fan of it in my icing. Some other taster testers liked my "regular" icing better. It has a citrus taste to it which I think can throw some people off. I liked it but not enought to change my icing recipe. I think I'm going to try it in my sugar cookies as I think it will taste yummy in those.

JanH Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 10:54pm
post #8 of 20

Oh my, I love creme bouquet - it's a rich creamy flavor with light citrus overtones.

I've read that Princess flavoring is similar but also has a nut component.

arosstx, please give us a flavor comparison of the CB and Princess extracts. icon_smile.gif

Creme bouquet is a good flavor enhancer, to use in conjuction with your recipe's regular flavoring/s.

HTH

arosstx Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:18pm
post #9 of 20

Most of what I've read here is correct - Princess Cake Flavor has a light, nutty taste, accented with overtones of citrus and rich vanilla, while Creme Bouquet is a blend of lemon, vanilla and other complementary flavor notes.

I think the vanilla is more subdued in the CB than in the PCF. Just my opinion though. Some people don't even like it, which I just cannot understand! icon_smile.gif

arosstx Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:17am
post #10 of 20

Ok, my order came in on Thursday and was WELL packaged in a thicker-than-normal cardboard box. The box was full of foam peanuts, and the quart bottles I ordered were completely sealed around the tops, then sealed again once I took the cap off. Very impressive and low shipping.

I haven't used the Princess cake flavor yet, but it smells wonderful. I did use the Creme Bouquet and it is very nice as well. I am comparing it to the Magic Line brand I usually use as it is the only stuff I've ever used. The National Brands version is more citrus-y, but I like it as well as the ML brand.

I was at a cake store Friday, and it did my heart good to see 8oz. of CB for $13.25, knowing that I bought a QUART of it for just over $6! icon_smile.gif

JanH Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:24am
post #11 of 20

Thanks for the review, Audrey. icon_smile.gif

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 2:40pm
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by arosstx

Ok, my order came in on Thursday and was WELL packaged in a thicker-than-normal cardboard box. The box was full of foam peanuts, and the quart bottles I ordered were completely sealed around the tops, then sealed again once I took the cap off. Very impressive and low shipping.

I haven't used the Princess cake flavor yet, but it smells wonderful. I did use the Creme Bouquet and it is very nice as well. I am comparing it to the brand I usually use as it is the only stuff I've ever used. The National Brands version is more citrus-y, but I like it as well as the ML brand.

I was at a cake store Friday, and it did my heart good to see 8oz. of CB for $13.25, knowing that I bought a QUART of it for just over $6! icon_smile.gif

Where did you order it from?

JanH Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 5:21pm
post #13 of 20
Quote:

HTH

P.S. There are other National Flavors threads linked above.

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 5:37pm
post #14 of 20

national flavors also has a cream cheese flavoring for those of you that don't want to risk using real cream cheese in your icings. I got a whole quart for less than 10 dollars!!!

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 7:24pm
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Quote:

HTH

P.S. There are other National Flavors threads linked above.

Sorry I missed it!! Thank you for putting the link up again! I guess i needed a big neon sign for me to find it!! hehe! Thank you again!

krazykat_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazykat_14 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 7:44pm
post #16 of 20

Okey dokey, my National Flavors catalog is on its way, they have TONS of great stuff!

But here's my pickle: I would like to find a way to make REALLY crazy fancy pastries and candies-here's the catch, I'd like to make them taste like flowers. I know it's not common, I know it's not going to be easy, but I have hope.

Would anyone know where to find flower flavors? National Flavors has the rose essence, so that's ok. I did find a site that has rose, lavender, and jasmine flavors, but they're REALLY expensive. Any ideas or suggestions?

Candes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candes Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 7:52pm
post #17 of 20

I just wanted to suggest flavored sugars as well. There are lavendar sugars and rose sugars too.

You can buy or make them yourself.

krazykat_14 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 7:59pm
post #18 of 20

any suggestions on where to find those or how to make them?

JanH Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:45pm
post #19 of 20
krazykat_14 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 5:00pm
post #20 of 20

Awesome! Thanks! BTW, sorry for "highjacking" the thread, I wasn't sure if it was rude to ask other related-ish questions- I think I should err on the side of caution and not do that anymore, sorry, I didn't realize it officially had a name, and therefore is officially rude... icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%