New Acd Magazine!

Decorating By cakemommy Updated 29 Jul 2005 , 4:31am by charlieinMO

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 2:41am
post #1 of 7

Okay, who is loving their new American Cake Decorating magazine? I just recieved mine today and I love it. I would just love to learn to make those gumpaste flowers on the cover. There's a really cool way to make pansies in their and a demo on BCT! I always get inspired when I get my magazine.

Has anyone ever ordered anything from any of the sites advertised in the magazine? I'm just curious. I'd love to get some of the impression tools I see used.

Amy

6 replies
ccbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccbakes Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 2:52am
post #2 of 7

Ok. I got mine today also. those flowers are amazing..I love the unicorn cake and the way they show you how to do it.All I know is tht I had my Mom and 5 yr old neice looking at it and oohing and aahing..LOL

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 2:57am
post #3 of 7

I got mine yesterday and the flowers in it are just amazing .. so life like!!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 3:43am
post #4 of 7

..got mine too! I promised myself I would not open it until this weekend. We are going away for the weekend and I thought I'd take it with me and relax and page through this issue...aahhh, quiet time!! icon_biggrin.gif

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 3:56am
post #5 of 7

I have never seen one of the magazines, but i hear a lot about ACDM. I think I will go get one, anyone know were to buy them off the shelf?

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 4:16am
post #6 of 7

I'm not sure if you can buy them off the shelf. If you can, I don't know where! It's a really great magazine. The have wonderful pictures explaining the process of making the cakes.

Amy

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 4:31am
post #7 of 7

I used to be able to buy them from Barnes and Noble but they don't sell them any more. Had to get another subscription. I received mine yesterday!! Loved it!! Very pretty flowers. I am going to have to try and learn how to make those soon!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%