Starting A Cake Club...need Ideas!

Decorating By ldydb Updated 20 Sep 2007 , 11:01pm by KimAZ

ldydb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ldydb Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 5:55pm
post #1 of 4

After I completed the Wilton Course 3 the other ladies in the class and I were kinda sad about having no other class to go to. I mentioned the idea of starting a cake club close to our house (the closest one is 1hr 15mins away). My only problem is I don't know what type of activities we are supposed to do during our meetings. Any ideas would be great.

Thank in advance

3 replies
kimberly84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberly84 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 4

My friends and I came across the same problem, we started working on gumpaste flowers together... lots of fun and they are beautiful! Plus it gave us an excuss to hang out together!

KelCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KelCake Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 4

I came across the same problem a couple of years ago and did start a cake club. I have since moved and the club is still going strong. It is outside of Houston, in Pearland -- so that may help you out, being that you live close to Houston.

If you want to know how to start a club, I'd be happy to help you and give you any advice that I have.

Send me an email for the info for either starting a club or info on the Houston clubs.

Kel

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 4

Hi,
I am in a cake club in my area so I'll share the basic run down of what we do each month.

Everyone arrives and for the first half hour it's just chit-chat and have refreshments. Then the president of the club starts in with old and new business. We then have one or two demos done by club members with lots of questions and answers. Then we finish up with general talk about upcoming events and such. We'll be having the Arizona cake show early next year so we'll be working on our show piece as a club soon. This month we'll be doing a hand's on demo.

Also, we do an annual Christmas party/cookie exchange and an annual club raffle were everyone donates any type of cake decorating/cookie/candy stuff they want to get rid of. We have a monthly newsletter too.

It's a lot of fun. Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%