Church Blood Drive Cake

Decorating By cakesbyamym Updated 24 Nov 2006 , 1:59am by CherylAnn

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 8

Hello...I need help coming up with ideas for this blood drive event. The customer asks only that the cake be a sheet cake for easier serving. I don't think that I want to put anything to do with blood drops on a CAKE. Just my preference. I was thinking more along the Thanksgiving lines...Thanks for Giving (Get it?...Ties in the holiday and blood donating), and sticking more with a fall floral type of cake. What do you all think???

Amy

7 replies
Ladyofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyofcake Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 8

Is it through the Red Cross?
If so, maybe you could tie that into your decorations somehow, red goes with browns and oranges and such.
You could do the Thanksgiving theme as mentioned above and somehow tie everything in together?
I like the thanks for giving bit. Very nice.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 8

Hi Amy, your idea sounds really pretty and I understand your aversion to making a "bloody" cake!

Did you do a Google search? I put in blood drives and on the first page there is a character with arms and legs on a large red drop, something like that might not be too graphic for a cake, just as an idea.
Janice

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 21 Nov 2006 , 5:16am
post #4 of 8

how about doing a sheet cake with an arm on it giving blood???

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 21 Nov 2006 , 5:24am
post #5 of 8

What about writing "giving the gift of life" and maybe putting some small gifts around?

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 21 Nov 2006 , 6:06am
post #6 of 8

Thanks for the ideas guys! I'll post a picture when I finish this one. I like all of the ideas...now to work them together somehow...LOL...Thanks again!

Amy

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 21 Nov 2006 , 2:34pm
post #7 of 8

I think your original idea is just perfect!

CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 1:59am
post #8 of 8

HOW ABOUT A HEART WITH WAVES COMING FROM IT AND A PHRASE THAT SAYS SOMETHING LIKE KEEPING IT PUMPING...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%