Publicity

Business By nglez09 Updated 20 Nov 2006 , 11:07pm by nglez09

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 8

I NEED to make a tiered cake. "Need" as in I haven't and want to.

BUT, the problem is: who's gonna eat it?

I was thinking of letting my neighbors know that there'll be free cake, but what else could I do? It wouldn't only serve as getting rid of the cake but also as publicity. But I want everyone to see it entirely so that they can appreciate it; what should I do?

7 replies
Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 8

Sounds like you need to have a party. Well, at least an informal get together of neighbors and friends, then after everyone has been there and admired the cake, serve it up! You can just serve cake, punch, and coffee. It doesn't have to be expensive! Good luck!

krzyzak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krzyzak Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 8

host a party like watkins, tubware, paper chef. somthing on that order. lets you show it off and spend time with them and get to pick the time the cake is cut. i sell watkins products and plan on having acake i make for when i have a open house.

sherry_lyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherry_lyn Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 8

Why not throw a Christmas party? You could do the cake, it could be the centerpiece & dessert.

nglez09 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 8

THANKS! icon_cry.gif *tears of joy*

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 10:55pm
post #6 of 8

I've done sample cakes for my childrens teachers at school for the holidays and for a church function. You might even consider donating it to a retirement home.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 11:02pm
post #7 of 8

My mother has a Christmas Open House every year. For the week she's off during the christmas holiday she invites people over on 3 different days for a luncheon. One day it's people from work, the next day it's people she graduated with, the 3rd day it's other people she's friends with that she's around often as well as other people from work. It's a great way for her to get together for a small gift exchange and a luncheon with all her friends at one time when time just doesn't permit this any other time. She makes up simple stuff like BBQ meatballs, in a crockpot very simple!, chips, dips, veggie trays, cracker trays, and a cake, normally something simple but this year I think it'll be nice cause I'll offer to make them icon_biggrin.gif. It also helps her show off her house all decorated for the holidays. She has a christmas tree in EVERY room in the house, 1 in the lr, 1 in the kit, 1 in the fr, 1 in each bedroom, and a small porcelin one in each bathroom lol. My mother is christmas crazy and loves to show it off.

I would suggest like everyone else said have a christmas open house icon_biggrin.gif

nglez09 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 11:07pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks! I'll consider that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%