Ready Made Vegetarian - Kosher Fondant

Decorating By boonenati Updated 20 Nov 2006 , 2:16am by ShirleyW

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 1:32am
post #1 of 4

Folks
I just wanted to pass on this information to anyone that may be vegetarian or looking for a Kosher fondant.
I have been using FondX for a while, and I love the flavour of it.
I had seen a few questions posted on CC about making vegetarian fondant and MMF without gelatine etc, and I thought i'd find out if FondX was in fact vegetarian (I guess i should have found out this earlier, since i am not a meat eater myself icon_wink.gif
But i had looked at the ingredients and nothing on there struck me as having ever been alive icon_confused.gif . But i thought, better be safe than sorry and if i ever get a customer asking me, then i will know the definitive answer icon_biggrin.gif .
SO I emailed Caljava(the makers of fondX) and this is the reply i received from them.
Cheers
Nati

Quote:
Quote:

Dear Ms. Natalia,
We are glad to learn that you like our Fondx, it is a wonderful product to use.
FondX does not contain any gelatin nor animal products, FondX is a Kosher Rolled Fondant
under very strick rules of Kashrut, animal products are not allowed in our
facility. This is truely confirmed that FondX is a vegetarian product.
Tips:
When kneading FondX best to use a size of finger tip of shortening, this is the best way to
avoid cracking or tearing and sticking.
Regards,
Daniel Budiman
CalJava International, Inc
Editor-In-Chief "Here Comes The Cake" magazine
Cakevisions. com
19519 Business Center Drive. Northridge, CA 91324
ph:818.718.2707 fax:818.718. 2715

3 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 1:39am
post #2 of 4

thanks Nati! Good to know! thumbs_up.gif

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 1:48am
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much!! My daughter is a vegetarian so this is good to know.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 2:16am
post #4 of 4

That is good to know, thank you for taking the time to research that for us. I love working with Fondx, it rolls out so smoothly and goes on the cake beautifully. It also smells delicious and doesn't taste half bad. I have only started working with fondant cakes in the past two years and still can't say I love the taste or texture for eating. I am still an Italian Meringue Buttercream advocate. But if you are going to use fondant I don't think you will ever be disappointed in Fondx.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%