Help I Need Advice!!!!! I'm Over-Scheduled!!!!

Decorating By domestic_diva Updated 3 Oct 2007 , 6:46pm by domestic_diva

domestic_diva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
domestic_diva Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 6

I promised myself that I would not overschedule myself ever ever again after a long weekend of a wedding cake, grooms cake and birthday cake.

Somehow...my own fault entirely...I scheduled myself for WAY to many jobs in one weekend icon_eek.gif

Friday 28th: 9 cookie favors due
Saturday 29th : 5 tier complicated wedding cake and small 3D grooms cake due
Sunday 30th: 17 cookie favors and small 3D cake due

Plus...I am about to give my full time office job a two week notice because I just got a job at Publix as a cake decoratror icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif
So I feel really guilty asking to have Friday off from work because of that.
So I probably will have to work 9-6 Friday as well....ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Help me think of things I can do ahead of time:
Like can I bake all the cakes the weekend before or something and freeze them? I've never done that before.
What about cookies (also never done for a client before) how far in advance can I make those?
How long ahead of time do you think I can prepare the frosting ?

5 replies
pechee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pechee Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:33pm
post #2 of 6

please bake the cakes and freeze them. This is a wonderfull time saver. Just take them out of the freezer the night before decorating. The cookies can also be baked and frozen. I only prepare icing within a one week period. And no, none of it tastes bad once it is unfrozen. Just make sure you wrap the cakes and cookies well, because freezer burn is horrible tasting. I know, I messed up last week and had to make a new one. But, on the other hand, my son had wonderful hockey pucks to play with!!!!!!

domestic_diva Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 6

Midway through my little week of hell.... icon_confused.gif

I'm sleep deprived, hungry, pumped full of caffeine and all I WANT TO DO IS SLEEP!

I've been staying up until 2am or 3am every night since Tuesday.
Then waking up early, going to work all day, then going home and doing it all again.

And I just had my wisdom teeth removed last Friday and therefore I'm also taking pain killers which make me really drowsy.

But....
I am excited about how all my projects are turning out, I really think that they will all look great and be good accomplishments. I don't forsee any serious cake disasters.
icon_biggrin.gif

pechee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pechee Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 3:03am
post #4 of 6

hope everything went well!

LizzyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzyB Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 6:20am
post #5 of 6

I second that - hope it all went well for you! Freezing cakes is something I now do all the time, they are so moist too - something I learnt here on CC. It is such a help!

domestic_diva Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 6:46pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks guys : )
Everything did go well...I was surprised.
Everything went smoothly and I did end up freezing all of the cake and cookies beforehand which I'm VERY VERY glad I did, because timewise I could have NEVER had enough time : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%