Thinking Ahead To The Holidays

Business By cakesbyamym Updated 19 Sep 2007 , 5:49pm by leily

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 4

I'm already getting orders for the holidays, and was just curious to see what others of you will be offering. I want to add to my menu, and am hoping for some great ideas *as always!* from my pals right here.

Halloween and Thanksgiving: cupcakes, hand-decorated cookies, specialty cakes and dessert cakes.

Christmas...this is the one where I go all-out...hand-decorated cookies, cupcakes, specialty cakes, dessert cakes, chocolate dipped peanut butter balls, cake truffles *oodles of flavors*, snowball cookies, specialty cookie platters.

Just curious what unique creations you've come up with. Hopefully, this will aid all of us to add on to our menus for the holidays.

Thanks in advance!
Amy

3 replies
momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:33am
post #2 of 4

I am going to offer gift tins filled with cookies, poinsettia decorated cupcake bouquets (see the awesome tutorial by cambo, May2007), the stacked star cookies that look like a Christmas tree, small cakes in seasonal flavors, "Cookies for Santa" plates- if I can find them wholesale, Mommy & Me apron sets w/holiday prints, and anything else I can dream up between now & then! icon_smile.gif

I'm looking forward to hearing others ideas in this thread!

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 5:00am
post #3 of 4

I've only been decorating for a few months now, but last year, I made coffee cakes(family recipe) for ALOT of people as gifts. They were a big hit!
3D suckers in a variety of flavors are great, too! I found sucker "sticks" that fit on the end of a pencil, thus turning the pencil into the stick part. The kids love these. They get a cool sucker and a pencil!
After seeing the cool decorated cookies on here, I may have to try some of those!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 5:49pm
post #4 of 4

my most requested item from family and friends that I make every year is my homemade caramel. So I will be adding this to the list this year.

It doesn't take long to make and cut, it just takes forever to wrap, so they may be a limited edition item and once they are gone, they are gone. but I can make them up to a few weeks in advance without having to worry about them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%