Brain Cake!!! I Just Love Spooky Cakes!!!

Decorating By Charmed Updated 20 Sep 2007 , 3:10am by Charmed

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 7

Has anybody done a brain cake? or knows how to do one? thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 7

The one thing I've done that may be able to help! lol Check out my picture, I seriously had no clue what to do and was just winging it. It's not that great but somewhat resembles a brain.

I just used one half of the sports ball pan on top of a 6in round. A #12 tip to do the folds. Have a picture of a brain near you and just go for it.

Is this for Halloween? Have fun!

melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:51pm
post #3 of 7

They just did a zombie cake on Ace of Cakes not too long ago, you may want to check that out if it's a rerun. They did a good job with a man's head and the skull open and bleeding, with the brains showing underneath.

I just checked their website and they do have just a brain on their pictures. It's under fun stuff, named "brain."

Looks like they did a ball mold and used gray colored fondant rolled into snakes and put them over the cake in a brain-type of pattern.

Here is a link:
http://www.charmcitycakes.com/index2.html

Hope it helps. The one they did looks fairly easy to do. Relatively speaking of course!

pklundberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pklundberg Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:57pm
post #4 of 7

Ironbaker....good job. I could tell what it was.
I have never done one, but here is an idea.
Do like Ironbaker...but ice the ball with a darker pink/red first. Then pipe a lighter pink color for the brain. You should be able to see the darker color through the cracks in the piped icing. You could even go father and have a little blood oozing out of some of the cracks around the base of the cake.

I can't wait to see pictures.
Have fun!

Ahh.... anothger thought real quick. Pipe the pink icing for the brain. If there aren't any cracks that go all the way down to the darker icing, use a small paint brush and some dark luster dust and just run it over all the cracks to highlight them. That would look pretty good.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you pklundberg! That was about 3 years ago with far less experience and knowledge.

I like your ideas with using both colors, makes it a bit more realistic.

teasom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teasom Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 7

Here are some super easy brain cupcakes

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50461

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 3:10am
post #7 of 7

I missed the Ace of cakes episode icon_cry.gif Maybe there will be another rerun. Thank you all for your suggestions and help thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%