Really Need Cc Advice Please!!

Decorating By libs Updated 19 Sep 2007 , 10:04am by libs

libs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
libs Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 8

no one seems to be answering my question, people look at it but dont leave an answer. I just want to know how long a cake will keep covered in fondant. please take the time to leave a quick answer thankyou very much Elizabeth

7 replies
nmartin7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nmartin7 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 8

I only use butter pound cakes and I want them to be cut no later than the third day out of the freezer. Sorry I can't help more. HTH

texasseegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasseegirl Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 8

I don't have a clue - sorry... icon_sad.gif

aprilmanning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilmanning Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:15pm
post #4 of 8

Next time, try being more specific about what your question is in the subject line. Alot of people are viewing your question because they don't know what the question is about but then they can't help you because they don't know the answer. Try that next time and you'll probably get better results.

BTW, I don't know the answer either! Sorry! Good luck.

MiaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MiaT Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 8

My parents are both Weight Watchers, so any cakes I leave with them tend to take a long time to disappear. So, I can safely say I've seen a fondant covered cake stay yummy in a fridge for as many as 10 days after the party. The fondant gets a little hard and chewy, and the cut surfaces of the cake may dry a little, but if you cut those off, yummy cake underneath.
I'm sure I wouldn't DELIVER a cake to a client that had been sitting around that long, but I wouldn't throw one out that didn't get eaten up right away icon_smile.gif

libs Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:28pm
post #6 of 8

thankyou very much for taking to time to answer my question. the reason i but the title on my post is because orignally it was "HOW LONG WOULD A CAKE LAST FOR" but about 21 people lookde at it but no one was leaving a comment so i thought if i tried a different title someone would take the time to answer. So thankyou very much to all those that answered its nice to get some feed back even if you dont know thumbs_up.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:29pm
post #7 of 8

I see you have gotten an answer on all three of your post now... but there are a few things to keep in mind.

In your subject line it was "how long is a cake last" and another that was "please help with a very basic question" When opened someone found out it was about fondant, but they don't work with fondant, so they don't know... or they just don't know so they don't leave an answer. I work with fondant, but I have never had to worry about how long it will last on the cake b/c of the time I finish it and the time it will be consumed.

You also did not state what type of cake you were covering in your first post, I would assume since you are in the UK that it is a fruit type cake (unless you post differently) and I don't work with fruit cake, so I would leave the question with out leaving an answer.

Also, since you are in the UK you originally posted your question when the time in the US is anywhere between 11:30pm on the west coast and 3:30am on the east coast so there probably were not a lot of people on as a large majority of the membership is in North/south america.

Sometimes getting an answer can just take time, but if someone knows they will take the time to leave you an answer.

libs Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 10:04am
post #8 of 8

thankyou very much, i forgot about the time difference, annd other things like that that i should have kept in mind thankyou for taking the time to help Elizabeth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%