Help!!! Need Ideas For 80Th B-Day

Decorating By VonVon Updated 20 Sep 2007 , 5:59pm by crystalina1977

VonVon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VonVon Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:20am
post #1 of 5

Hi All,
You have been so helpful in the past....I need help. My great aunt is turning 80. I have been asked to do the cake. She likes sports (baseball- St. Louis cardinals and golf- Tiger Woods, flowers, and the colors red and white... I'm not sure what direction to take this cake.....it's due Saturday....PLEASE HELP! I'll take any suggestions!

THanks again!!!!! icon_confused.gif

4 replies
SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 6:07am
post #2 of 5

Often when someone orders a cake for a person of a "mature" age (I hate saying old or older) they can't decide what to use as the theme. So many interests and activities and accomplishments over a lifetime. I usually recommend a "Life Quilt."

Here is a link to a number of Life Quilts on my website.
http://sugarfrosted.com/thumbnails.php?album=search&type=full&search=Life+Quilt

Perhaps you will find some inspiration icon_smile.gif

Let me know what you think?

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 5

Maybe make a baseball hat (pyrex bowl with fondant "bill")...white with red "stitching." Put a fondant golf ball on the top and an "80" on the front. Make a few small white and red roses to put on the side of the bill. Write "Happy Birthday" on the bill. I hope this makes sense. It looks cute in my head. icon_lol.gif

Good luck.

VonVon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VonVon Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 5

these ideas sound cute.
I like the baseball with golf tee on top idea...

thx

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 5:59pm
post #5 of 5

I made a cake for my grandma's 70th birthday that included pictures made into edible images from various stages of her life. Everyone got a kick out of seeing the pictures and she really enjoyed seeing them and reminiscing too. The cake is in my pics if you want to take a look.
Crissy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%