Ya'll Have Got To See This....

Decorating By Strazle Updated 22 Sep 2007 , 1:18am by shivs

Strazle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Strazle Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 18

I hand carved and decorated this Mickey Mouse cake for some friends whose little boy is going to be one. You can see the cake in my "Photos." They wanted the cake for a photo session. It's nice to see my hard work was enjoyed so much! icon_biggrin.gif LOL! I forgot to tell the Mom that red and black are two of the hardest colors to get out. He went home with a pink belly! icon_lol.gif
LL
LL

17 replies
miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 18

So cute!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:32pm
post #3 of 18

OMG! That is soo adorable! I wonder how long it's going to take to get those colors off! what a cute idea! Sorry your cake was only meant to get destroyed! icon_lol.gif

cakescraps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakescraps Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 18

Too funny! That's a great one for your portfolio, even without the view of the cake!

MRRRAR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MRRRAR Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:36pm
post #5 of 18

I love it!

Chrisi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrisi Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:37pm
post #6 of 18

Ah to be young and adorable again! too cute

MelZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelZ Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:39pm
post #7 of 18

He looks like one happy birthday boy! party.gif

lilscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilscakes Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:41pm
post #8 of 18

That's always been my favourite part of kids' birthdays! That's really precious!

MimiFord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFord Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:45pm
post #9 of 18

He did better than my grandson - mine just looked at his smasher cake, then looked at us like we were nuts because we would pick up scoops of it with our fingers and eat it, trying to get him to dive in - it didn't work. When I fed it to him, he was OK, but when I put icing on his face, he cried icon_confused.gif

Strazle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Strazle Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:51pm
post #10 of 18

Another friend had me do the smash cake for her one year old girl and she wouldn't touch it. Her brother smeared it across her forehead and she sobbed. So, I was elated to see such a mess this time!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:54pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiFord

He did better than my grandson - mine just looked at his smasher cake, then looked at us like we were nuts because we would pick up scoops of it with our fingers and eat it, trying to get him to dive in - it didn't work. When I fed it to him, he was OK, but when I put icing on his face, he cried icon_confused.gif

LOL the same think happened w/my DD on her first bd. I had to force the cake on her, and she was really annoyed and only ate one bite (with a rather disgusted look on her face). It was chocolate, so I was like: you are NOT my child!!! icon_lol.gif

Thanks for the cute pics Strazle, that is exactly what you want to see when a one-year-old is presented with his cake!!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 12:04am
post #12 of 18

hehe an honest days work

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:05am
post #13 of 18

My son didn't destroy it but did make some mess.

My fear is my daughter... as soon as she even starts to soil her diaper she's in screaming fits. She hates to be dirty and loves baths. She will probably pick at her cake and embarrass me with not making a mess out of it.

I pride myself with smash cakes... and by golly they better be smashed!

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 12:57am
post #14 of 18

lololol that is just too funny....i love it.

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:02am
post #15 of 18

Awesome pics! He's adorable! He obviously loved the cake!

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:06am
post #16 of 18

that's FANTASTIC!!!!!

Ya know... the one thing I hear most is, "That's so pretty, I don't want to cut it!"

CUT IT!!!! SMASH IT!!!! Cakes are not meant to be permanent pieces of art, but memories and moments of our lives! icon_smile.gif

I think those pics are just adorable! What a neat idea for the mom to actually have a professional photo shoot done of the smash cake! icon_smile.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:11am
post #17 of 18

Thank you for sharing that! Absolutely adorable!

shivs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shivs Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:18am
post #18 of 18

How cute! I love how Mickeys face is laying off to the side! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%