Website Is Done!

Business By FlowerGirlMN Updated 23 Sep 2007 , 6:53pm by BrandisBaked

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 31

Well, all of the fussing over the business name, getting things changed over, etc is done!

I took today off to recover from yesterday's bridal show, and finally got around to finishing the site for the "new" business. It's up at www.celebrationgeneration.com

That's a huge load off my back! On to finishing that %^$%$# Margaret Braun cake!

30 replies
jjbasket Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjbasket Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 31

It looks terrific! I love that you added a blog to your site... what a great idea!

Great job! icon_wink.gif

Jen

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 9:50pm
post #3 of 31

Looks wonderful!! Congrats.
Did you do this yourself?

FlowerGirlMN Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 31

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Yes, I do my own websites.. far too "type A" not to, LOL.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 31

Beautiful, beautiful cakes and I love your text!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 9:54pm
post #6 of 31

Love your FAQ page! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

On your flavors ..... can ya just get a simple white or chocolate cake? I see the designer flavors but no "basic" flavors. Is that intentional?

lish1904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lish1904 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 9:54pm
post #7 of 31

The website is really great. Very elegant and inviting. Congrats

FlowerGirlMN Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 9:57pm
post #8 of 31

Oh Debi.. I could add basic flavors to the site... but they'd still be "designer" flavors, LOL.

I still need to add my wild peanut butter filling to the site. I may eventually add individual cake and filling flavors, but I like it as-is for now.

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 10:18pm
post #9 of 31

I LOVE your website!

darrahmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darrahmomof3 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 10:22pm
post #10 of 31

I looked at it, it looks great! I read your "about us" section, did you ever take classes? Your cakes are wonderful. I hope to be able to do things like that in the future. Around here I could NEVER get $4 a serving. I would love to though. Looks like things are going great,congratulations!!!!!!!!!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 10:31pm
post #11 of 31

I was just reading the FAQ and in one place it says 50% deposit and another it says 30%. Just FYI icon_smile.gif

FlowerGirlMN Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 10:35pm
post #12 of 31

Nope, no classes. Learned the buttercream basics (stars and shells, lol!) from my mom when I was a kid, figured the rest out by reading the net and experimenting icon_smile.gif

Kory: THANK YOU! I cut and pasted part of that from my floral terms / etc, and I guess I missed an edit! Thanks!

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 10:39pm
post #13 of 31

Congratulations on a fantastic web site!
(also, on some truly amazing cakes!)

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

darrahmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darrahmomof3 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:24pm
post #14 of 31

I have also learned on my own, hope to meet your quality someday!!

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:53pm
post #15 of 31

I love your site!! I love your cakes!! I can't believe how many of your cakes were in my favorites - you are very talented!! I was looking through your FAQ's and noticed a couple things...I hope that it's ok to mention (I'm assuming that's why you posted??) If not, I'm sorry...I just know that I am a perfectionist and based on your finshed products - you must be too!! lol

Q: What comes with my cake?
A: I do not provide plates, forks, napkins, cake knives, cake servers, linens, cake stands, or tables, though some of these items are not available for purchase or rent through us. When you order a cake, you receive the cake(s) and the box(es) it is in.

I'm assuming that you mean though some of these items ARE available for purchase or rent through us

Q: What is fondant? Ive heard that it tastes really bad.
A: Fondant is a sweet dough that can be rolled out and used to cover a cake. It gives cakes a beautiful, porcelain-like finish. It is extremely versatile: it can be molded, painted, draped, and made to shimmer. It can also be used to sculpt various shapes or figurines. The taste of fondant has gotten a bad rap in the past - many commercially made fondants taste.. well, bad. I hand make your fondant the day I decorate your cake, from a marshmallow base - no chemical taste. I can flavor it to "match" your cake, should you so desire. I roll it our about 1/8" thick and apply it to a buttercream base. If you don't think you'll like fondant, but love the look - no worries! It can easily be peeled back, and you can enjoy the cake and buttercream frosting without it.

It just says our instead of out

Delivery - Delivery and set up is included in the price of the cake within a 40 mile radius of Princeton, MN. Outside of the 20 mile radius we can deliver and set up for a fee of $0.50/mile. It is your responsibility to ensure that the reception hall is open and available for set up at the appointed time. Should we have to wait at the site for the hall to be opened, you will be billed for the time at an hourly rate of $50 per hour. Wink Design Group/Celebration Generation is not responsible for anything that may happen to the cake after we have delivered and set it up at the reception hall.

I'm just confused on whether you mean 40 miles or 20 miles

Can I ask if you are a web designer because I really like the way your site looks...Great job and congratulations on your success!!

Tammi

FlowerGirlMN Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 12:16am
post #16 of 31

Great, thanks!

Yes, I'm a sometimes webdesigner icon_smile.gif I used to do it on the side as part time income (slow seasons and whatever), now I just take orders when people ask for them. I know this site looks really, really basic, but that's what I was aiming for. The last one was VERY colorful, I wanted a stark contrast this time around.

Just edited and uploaded the FAQ page again. I hate making typos! When I proofread what I type, I've gone over it so many times that I read more what I intended to say (getting ahead of myself), than what is actually on the page!

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 11:38am
post #17 of 31

Your site is great - the cakes are inspiring and everything looks very professional! I think it will attract a lot of business!

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 12:11pm
post #18 of 31

I love your site (can you redo mine? pretty please?)
Hey you've even got a blog in it, that I can open here in China, WOW! Normally all blogs are blocked here

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 12:31pm
post #19 of 31

You have done a wonderful job on your website! I recognized the FAQ immediately and am hoping that when the time comes, I will be able to use those as well! thumbs_up.gif Great job!

arwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arwa Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 12:35pm
post #20 of 31

Ure website looks and so r ure cakes... i absolutely love the freehand orchids cake... its stunning..

spring55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spring55 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 1:03pm
post #21 of 31

Love your website! Your cakes are beautiful.

Minette

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 1:53pm
post #22 of 31

Love the web site, especially the scrolls and fonts. I also like that it is simple,clean,elegant and easy to navigate. Your FAQ page is awesome and has inspired me to look over my agreement page!

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:43pm
post #23 of 31

Love the name you decided. Site looks great. Very professional. If I were a bride, I'd really have you at the top of my list. thumbs_up.gif

FlowerGirlMN Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:45pm
post #24 of 31

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:58pm
post #25 of 31

A. What if there is a problem with my order?
If there is a problem, yo, I'll solve it!

This is my personal favorite answer! thumbs_up.gificon_cool.gif

However, you should change the a to a Q and put the A on the second line.

Julia

FlowerGirlMN Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:01pm
post #26 of 31

LOL. Will do that icon_smile.gif

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:02pm
post #27 of 31

Here is another issue...no matter what page you ae on you can not get back to the home page. When you click on the name of your company it takes you to the about us page. I wanted to saave your site at the home, but had to go to the address bar and erase the page names. Many people do not know how to do that.

Julia

FlowerGirlMN Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:05pm
post #28 of 31

I did that on purpose. Normally, I'd have the "about us" page as the main page, but for this site I wanted to start off with a bit of an indication of what happened, given some people will be shocked to see that they've been redirected.

Other than that initial "ya, you're in the right place" welcome, the index page is sorta useless. icon_smile.gif

Gama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gama Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 6:29pm
post #29 of 31

Love your site. Love your cakes. Good job! Lots of luck!

sweetiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiemama Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 6:42pm
post #30 of 31

Nice job FlowerGirl! I love the simplicity of the site, and really admire the speed with which you are creating your business! You're my hero thumbs_up.gif

Sweetiemama

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%