Cheesecake Frostings

Decorating By praetorian2000 Updated 17 Nov 2006 , 2:42pm by louie750

praetorian2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
praetorian2000 Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 6

Besides ganache, what are some good frostings for a cheesecake?

Is a buttercream frosting too much for a cheesecake?

And is there some way of using whipped cream on the cheesecake or cake for that matter, without it watering out and wilting before the cheesecake is eaten? I'm taking the cheesecake to a luncheon at work. The cheesecake won't be eaten til around 1pm, but I leave home at 6am.

5 replies
megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 12:46pm
post #2 of 6

maybe you could try a stabilized whipped frosting/topping....

i just made a post about cheesecakes too - i needed some tips!

estherhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
estherhead Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 6

And just frosted with my normal wedding cake frosting. Surprisingly it's fairly delicious. People who don't want it just scrape it off. As for the whipped cream frosting on a cheesecake, I've never done this. I'd be afraid it woud get overly moist with a cheesecake weeping just a bit anyway. From 6am to 1pm I hope you have a fridge no matter what you do.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 6

It seems cheesecake has taken on a whole new life. Check out this web site: www.elegantcheesecakes.com. It looks like you can pretty much do whatever you wish as far as decorating is concerned. thumbs_up.gif

estherhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
estherhead Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 6

If you look at my photos the two tier with the oak leaves and apples & acorns with apple tree branches is cheesecake.

louie750 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louie750 Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 6

I've used a sour cream topping...just sour cream, sugar, and some vanilla extract. But you have to keep it refridgerated. Regardless of what topping, cheesecakes need to be refridgerated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%