Most Feminine Cake Possible...

Decorating By chixbaby27 Updated 27 Jul 2005 , 7:49pm by chixbaby27

chixbaby27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chixbaby27 Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 14

My dad is a fireman, and he and another fireman are wanting to prank one of their firemen buddies, by having me make him the most feminine cake possible for his b-day.

My dad is thinking pink tinted cake with some sort of lavendar or pink icing...and I'm writing "Happy Birthday Georgie-Poo!" (his name is George) on the cake.

Anyone have a very feminine cake they want to share??

13 replies
mrsrunning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsrunning Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 14

what about doing a bra and panties nothing is more femimine then that

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 14

that's hilarious!

It has to be SO decked out with piped swags, hearts, roses, frills, etc...and pink, pink, pink!!

Hey, what about one of those Barbie doll dress cakes??

chixbaby27 Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 14

I thought about that, but my dad said that no, men would LIKE that kind of cake, LOL! icon_smile.gif

He wants something to totally crack this guy up...very pastel-type feminine.

MoonicaLeigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MoonicaLeigh Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 14

Pink and white checkerboard, pink icing, white bow HAHAHAHAHA I am a firefighter and so is my husband, this is TOTALLY something I would do to one of the guys that I work with!!!!!! HAHAHAHA or something like a tiara with jewels. I CAN NOT WAIT to see this cake!! I wish we could post a picture of the guy's reaction LOL GOOD LUCK!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

chixbaby27 Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 7:01pm
post #6 of 14

I KNOW!!

I wish I could be there to SEE it, but dad wants it on the table when they get there Sunday morning (he gets there before the other guys).

I'll have to go out there during the day Sunday, though, just to give him a hard time, LOL!

Maybe pink & white cake, pink or purple icing (thought about pink & purple basketweave), with white roses pink tipped...

I'm having fun with this one!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 7:05pm
post #7 of 14

I love the idea of the pink/white checkerboard inside with pink/white flowers, drapes etc., on the outside lol ... you can do the checkerboard really easily too .. you don't have to have the special pans to do it either.. please post a pic when done!! can't wait to see it icon_biggrin.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 7:06pm
post #8 of 14

You should do some bows. Nothing says girlie like bows! Here's a little inspiration...
LL

chixbaby27 Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 7:11pm
post #9 of 14

Oooh, how pretty and feminine!

LOL!

chixbaby27 Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 7:12pm
post #10 of 14

Alright, how do you do the checkerboard???

Sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 7:36pm
post #11 of 14
chixbaby27 Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 7:37pm
post #12 of 14

OMG that is hilarious!

I'm fwd it to my dad!

dying laughing here...

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 7:47pm
post #13 of 14

someone here shared the checkerboard secret with me.. you just pour your batter into a ring. Ok, if you have pink and white batter prepared, you'd grease/flour your round pan and gently place 2 rings one large, one smaller in your pan (most of the time, if you'll look around in your kitchen, you can find something that will work... for my center in my pan, I used a jar ring that you use for canning) ... you'd pour pink first, then white, them pink again .. you pull the rings out and the batter will stay pretty much separated.. then the next pan, you do just the opposite.. you put your rings in and pour white, pink white.. when you stack them and cut, you have a checkerboard effect... I wish I could remember who post this in a forum before to give her credit for this idea .. it works beautifully and I've done it 2 times myself.. if you have any questions, feel free to pm me icon_smile.gif

chixbaby27 Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 7:49pm
post #14 of 14

I'll have to try that! Sounds pretty simple, if I can just find something to use as the rings!

Thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%