Kitchenaid Mixer

Decorating By ctackett Updated 19 Sep 2007 , 5:42pm by Mae1118

ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 15

Finally!! I took back the Sumbeam tht didnt work and bought a kitchenaid. I am so impressed. My hubby thinks I am crazy for paying 200.00 for a mixer. It is made so much better and seems to be alot sturdier.

14 replies
tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 15

Congratulations!!! Its a great investment.

lizziegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizziegirl Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 15

Great, I think I'm in love with mine.

shooterstrigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shooterstrigger Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 15

You will be happier. Sunbeam doesn't make them like they used to. My FIL bought me a sunbeam. It only lasted 5 years and I am only a hobbiest.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 15

Yep and she'll last for years thumbs_up.gif What a friendship I have with my KA....

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 15

awesome for you...i am in need of a new mixer myself, my kitchen aid has lasted about 15 years and it is finally breaking down, piece by piece....poor thing is tired and needs to put out of it's misery!!!! i am nursing it a little while longer so i can save up for another.... i have my eyes and heart set on the delonghi mixer though...980watts of pure power and a 7quart bowl...oooh hold on while i wipe the drool from my chin....

kels_bells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kels_bells Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 6:45pm
post #7 of 15

Congrats!
You did go in returning you Sunbeam. I borrowed my moms last week and burnt it out whle mixing a cake. Now I'm stuck buying her another.
My anniversary is Wed and I'm hoping to get my KA. Can't wait.

Launa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Launa Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:12am
post #8 of 15

My KA has been ticking for 22 years now! I love her!! You'll be glad you traded!

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:20am
post #9 of 15

totally worth the $! i just bought a second one -a 600 series. i have them both out right now. i made soemthing the night i got it and my hubby asked how i liked it. then he said "you know we are putting one away. they can't both stay out on the counter!" but, i need them both! icon_biggrin.gif

andiesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andiesweet Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:20am
post #10 of 15

I've had my sunbeam for 2 years now and use it alot. The only problem i have is finding attatchements for it, paddle, whisk. It does get a lil hot when i mix up a batch of buttercream... maybe if i wish real hard my DH will buy me a kitchen aid for christmas.

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:23am
post #11 of 15

I got my KA last year for Christmas from my parents and I cried. I love it and don't know how I lived without it! Great investment!

MavericksMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MavericksMommy Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:34am
post #12 of 15

I got a 300 watt KA at my bridal shower 3 years ago and have loved it. Now that I'm doing more baking (and MMF) my DH just got me a KA Pro 600 for me for Christmas (he wanted to get the free bowl while they were still offering it- it's all wrapped for Christmas...) I'm so happy! I'm still going to use my original and use the Pro for MMF and larger batches of cookies, double cake batters etc. I can't wait!!!

LiliS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LiliS Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 7:23am
post #13 of 15

my hubby finally sucummed to my not too subtle hints and i got a pink KA 500 series mixer for christmas. they cost over $650 here in australia, so i think he was on the verge of losing his mind if I asked for one anymore!!!

ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 1:30pm
post #14 of 15

I did finally use it last night. I can't believe the difference!! I loved my 5.00 second hand store mixer, but I can't believe the difference in the cake batter!!! I always thought a mixer was a mixer!!

Mae1118 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mae1118 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 5:42pm
post #15 of 15

Cjstor, I just stumbled across this post of yours and saw that you are from Washington CH, OH. I can't believe that - that's where my in-laws live! I have a KA, and I LOVE it also. I don't think I would ever buy another brand of mixer again (if I ever have to, they last so long!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%