Advice!! Anyone A Hairdresser?

Lounge By snicker Updated 19 Nov 2006 , 4:14am by snicker

snicker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snicker Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 3:40am
post #1 of 8

I need some advice. I got my hair colored yesterday. Well, I HATE it. Somewhere along the line we must have miscommunicated. I went in with blonde hair, my highlights WERE grown out. It had been awhile, but when i left, i had BROWN hair!!! I think he knew it wasn't ok, he kept saying, "if you think you wanna change anything in the next week or so give me a call!! " But i dont know what to say to him. I have to call him, everytime i look in the mirror i want to cry!! icon_cry.gif By the time i paid him a tip, i had spent $140. Which is FINE, i just feel terrible about how ilook!!

Please someone that has some experience with this, tell me what i should say when i call him. I dont want him to think i'm being a b#$%@!!

7 replies
Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 4:08am
post #2 of 8

"After trying out the color, I don't feel it works on me." Diplomatic, not b****y, not blaming but still saying it needs changed.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 5:29am
post #3 of 8

I would keep it for a few days and see if you do like it after the shock. I know when I cut my hair short it takes a couple of days before I get use to it. Has anyone around you seen it? What do they say?

If you still don't like it after a few days call him back and do tell him that you aren't happy with it and it isnt' what you wanted. He obviously knew you weren't 100% happy with it or he wouldn't have told you to call him. So if you do call him I don't think he would see it as b*tchy. I'm sure he would rather make you happy than lose you as a customer.

born2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake4u Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 11:19am
post #4 of 8

i totally agree with everyone, you hsould call him and let him know you spent the money

dragomom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragomom Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 11:43am
post #5 of 8

As a hairdresser myself, I feel you need to be honest with him. You can call him and tell him it is too dark for you and would like to have it lightened up. You do only have a certain amount of time to do this without being charged again. It's not so much as what you tell him, it's how you say it (what tone of voice you use). If you remian calm he will too. Hope this helps

snicker Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 3:32pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks everybody!! I gave it 2 times washing and styling myself, and i just hate it. I'm usually pretty easy to please, i just hate it. I'm a sahm and dont get my hair done that often, so when i do i really want to feel good about it ya know??

dragomom, your right, i will totally be nice. Its not even in my nature to be rude about it. I dont know why, i just feel bad. I think i'll just say, "is there any way we can put some lighter highlights in it??"

I know he'll be fine, its just hard to make these kind of calls. At least for me it is!! :s

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 4:07am
post #7 of 8

My DD is a hairdresser & I read her your post. She say's you should definately call him & tell him that you wanted it lighter and he should do it free of charge. She said if he said that to you before you left, he knew that he had not got the color right. Don't be afraid, just call. You can do it thumbs_up.gif

snicker Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 4:14am
post #8 of 8

Thanks ChrisJ!! Well, i did call. Of course he was very nice about it. I go the day before Thanksgiving to add some highlights back in!! I just told him i was having a hard time with the color and it was just too dark. He actually did a great job on it, and i will continue to go to him in the future. It just wasn't what i wanted!! icon_smile.gif

Thanks everyone!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%