Fbct On The Side Of The Cake??

Decorating By trombonekaren Updated 17 Sep 2007 , 1:12am by mommicakes

trombonekaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trombonekaren Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 9

I was wondering if anyone had tried to put a FBCT on the side of a cake, and if so, whether it worked. I have seen this done with edible images, and I think it might work the same way - what do you think?? Thanks! KM

8 replies
SarahsSweets2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahsSweets2006 Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 9

HEY! I have thought the same thing!! I have done a ton of FBCT on the top of cakes but I have always wanted to try one on the SIDE of a cake. I am interested to see what people say. BUT I do have an extra cake that I need to ice/decorate tonight so might just give it a try and let you know! (Great minds think alike.)

jjbasket Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjbasket Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 9

A good friend of mine (dlswan) did a Coors Light cake this way... here is the link. You may want to PM her & ask her about it!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=993643

Hope that helps! icon_wink.gif

Jen

trombonekaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trombonekaren Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 12:38am
post #4 of 9

jjbasket: the Coors can is awesome! Thanks for the link! I am going to try to do a halloween cake - castle style - with "bricks" all around. I want to do them with FBCT. Wish me luck!!

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 12:44am
post #5 of 9

what is FBCT?

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 12:52am
post #6 of 9

I haven't done it but can't see why it couldn't work....sounds like a good idea to me!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 12:58am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonimarie

what is FBCT?

Frozen Buttercream Transfer

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 1:09am
post #8 of 9

Good luck ! Be sure and post it I will be looking forward to seeing how it turns out.. opens up alot of possibilitys being able to put it on side

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 1:12am
post #9 of 9

icon_biggrin.gif Good question trombonekaren. I have used FBCT quite often. I really like doing these. They are almost easier than icing directly. I have done at least 2 on the sides of my cakes. One was a two tone blue stripe around a 12" round. the stripes were different widths so it was fun. I had to break it down to 2 pieces and the most hardest part was making sure the lines matched on both sides. The other was on a sheet cake. It was easier, because I didn't have to join them as much. (if you do them just make sure the designs match up) They are both in my pics. One has musical notes, the other is a beach cake. OH YEAH I almost forgot, make sure you reverse your images if you have to. I forgot on the musical notes one, but the kid loved it. icon_biggrin.gif Good luck, if you have any other questions, just PM me and I'll try to help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%