Tip For Filling Mini Cupcake Liners

Decorating By sbachorosk Updated 16 Sep 2007 , 7:43pm by KoryAK

sbachorosk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbachorosk Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 19

I used my Pampered Chef Small Stainless Steel Scoop to fill my mini cupcakes. I baked them for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. They came out the perfect size for my cupcake bouquet. Thought I would share in case anyone else has one of these. It makes filling them a breeze.
LL

18 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 19

those scoops are the best, I use the large one and it gives me perfect size for the regular size cupcakes.

sbachorosk Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 19

Good to know! I'll have to get one of the big ones.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 19

May as well get all 3 while your at it. icon_lol.gif ...the medium one is perfect for cakeballs and peanutbutter balls. I fill it level and scrape off any excess, then roll into a ball. They are all the same size.

honeybearcreek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeybearcreek Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 19

Cool! I just ordered a large scoop on Thursday hoping it would be the right size for cupcakes and muffins! I try to order every other month from the gal at work so I'll get the other two sizes by Christmas!

By the way, your naked cupcakes look perfect!

Hugs,
Diana in VA

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 7:35pm
post #6 of 19

I love using scoops too, however I find it too tedious for mini cupcakes and prefer to use the candy funnel with the stopper in it.

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 7:41pm
post #7 of 19

Please pardon my lack of knowledge but I would love to know how you fill the cupcakes? Am I right in thinking you scoop out, put the filling in and then put part of the top back on? I had always thought you filled them with that long long tip for doughnuts? Should you use a filling that is more "firm"?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

KoryAK Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 8:06pm
post #8 of 19

I think she is referring to filling the empty liners with batter icon_smile.gif You are right about the method to put filling in to a baked cupcake. For my normal sized cupcakes tho, I use a pillar to pull out a plug of cake, squirt filling, then replace the plug. This way I know hoe much goes in and it doesn't bust the sides. I can also get a little simple syrup in there too (since I bake from scratch)

DeKoekjesfee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeKoekjesfee Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 8:23pm
post #9 of 19

I use a plastic piping bag, snap of the tip , fill it with batter and fill the cups.

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 8:55pm
post #10 of 19

Haha...gee can you tell this is all new to me LOL!!! icon_redface.gif I was thinking along the lines of like a melon baller? Warm cupcakes and just scoop out a piece of the cupcake hahaha....hey it might have worked!! icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks for the info....good thing I asked before trying.

kidscakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidscakelady Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 9:10pm
post #11 of 19

I love the scoops! Have been using them for years. I make a lot of cookies in addition to cakes and have always been, according to my family, anal about having all of my cookies be perfectly round and the same size. They are fabulous for filling cupcake liners, sccoping fruit, making cake balls, rolled candies... if something needs to be round, I use them!!

Cake-Happy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-Happy Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 9:18pm
post #12 of 19

Great tips! Thanks. I need to get me some of those scoops. I've been doing it the HARD way!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 10:38pm
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taigen

Please pardon my lack of knowledge but I would love to know how you fill the cupcakes? Am I right in thinking you scoop out, put the filling in and then put part of the top back on? I had always thought you filled them with that long long tip for doughnuts? Should you use a filling that is more "firm"?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

You can use the tip 230 (I think) which is the Bismark tip, or a tip 10 or 12. Just put the filling in a bag with the tip. Stick the tip into the cupcake and squeeze some of the filling in. You can fill the cupcake expand a little and I watch for it to come back up around the tip a little.

I use the Wilton Cookie scoop for my mini cupcakes and a larger one for the regular cupcakes when filling the liners.

leily Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 10:47pm
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidscakelady

if something needs to be round, I use them!!

Same here! My favorite use for them (besides perfect same size cookies all the time) is meatballs! When I make up meatballs I make a double batch, I cook half that night and freeze the rest for another quick night dinner, works great and I don't have to worry about getting them all the same size so they cook evenly.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 11:23pm
post #15 of 19

I use the regular size scoop when doing pancakes. icon_smile.gif Easy way to get the batter to the pan. icon_smile.gif

sbachorosk Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 2:32am
post #16 of 19

Thanks for all the great ideas for other uses! I ordered the large one already. I'll have to try the tips too.

tabbiekat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabbiekat Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 3:23am
post #17 of 19

How well do these scoops work? I have a really cheap plastic one that is kind of a pain to use. You have to squeeze it a lot and bang it against something to get the cookie dough to come out. I have been on the lookout for some better ones, but been leery about spending the price if they do not work much better then mine. Thank you for any input.

leily Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 5:06am
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbiekat

How well do these scoops work? I have a really cheap plastic one that is kind of a pain to use. You have to squeeze it a lot and bang it against something to get the cookie dough to come out. I have been on the lookout for some better ones, but been leery about spending the price if they do not work much better then mine. Thank you for any input.

I started with the plastic ones from the stores too and was very dissapointed with them, had me wondering if the PC ones were any better. I bought all three and haven't looked back, I scoop, squeeze, and everything comes out everytime, whether it is chocolate chip cookie dough, meatballs, or cake batter (or ice cream, they make nice ice cream scoops too for the smaller servings)

KoryAK Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 7:43pm
post #19 of 19

Try your local restaurant supply store as well. They come in 7-8 color coded sizes, are the sturdy metal kind, and probably cost a lot less than PC.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%