Pumpkin Cake Balls

Baking By shannas Updated 14 Nov 2006 , 11:08pm by Moviechick00

shannas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannas Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 8

I just wanted to share what I came up with for pumpkin cake balls. They taste like pumpkin pie.

I used pumpkin cake but white or spice would work well also. All I added to the cake for liquid was pureed pumpkin (the kind in the can). I added between 2-3 oz of pumpkin. I just added it till it came together. I dipped them in white chocolate with a pinch of cinnamon added. They taste soooo good.

Shanna

7 replies
OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 8

OMG Shanna!

Sounds sooooooooooooo delicious!!! I bet they taste good too lol. I think we should try out the shipping on these cake balls, see if they will hold up to being mailed for the holidays hahaha send me some? **puppy face** haha icon_biggrin.gif YAY thanks for the "recipe" if I can find the stuff MAY I USE IT? icon_wink.gif I was looking for the pumpkin spice coffee creamer to use in my cake truffels but have yet to find it but am still looking icon_biggrin.gif

cakeatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatty Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 8

OOOOO Shanna!! I think I just found the perfect "Honey, I messed up but here's something to fix it!" My DH LOVES pumpkin anything! Can't wait to try these!!! Thanks for sharing, girl!

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 8

Ohmygoodies, I got that flavor of creamer at Target! It was the powder, though.

Moviechick00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moviechick00 Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 8

I have read over and over about cake balls. I guess Im still missing something....haha are the cake balls just left overs from cake scraps? What next do you just roll them the size that you want? TIA MC

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 11:03pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviechick00

I have read over and over about cake balls. I guess Im still missing something....haha are the cake balls just left overs from cake scraps? What next do you just roll them the size that you want? TIA MC

Cakeballs are made from cake scraps but have other things added to them. They have some sort of liquid or binder, some people add things like nuts or chocolate chips too. Then they are rolled into balls and coated into anything from chocolate to powdered sugar. There is a recipe in the index that you can go off of, but I think everyone just does whatever works for them! HTH.

Dawns_Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawns_Goodies Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 11:06pm
post #7 of 8

ohhhhh, yes, yes, yes, I mad these the week before Halloween with a spice cake, added pumpkin pie spice, and Pumkin creamer-
Dipped in white chocolate

The only bad thing was that they only lasted for a day.
(BECAUSE MY FAMILY ATE THEM!!!!)

YUM YUM YUM

Moviechick00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moviechick00 Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 11:08pm
post #8 of 8

sounds yummy!!! I am going to have to give this a try!!! Thanks MC

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%