Baby Shower Fondant Clothes

Decorating By coolj Updated 19 Sep 2007 , 2:37pm by beachcakes

coolj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolj Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 16

Are there cutters (to be used with fondant) available for baby "clothes" that can be placed on a clothesline for a baby shower cake? Or, must you be talented in drawing to make your own? TIA, Julia

15 replies
dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 12:15am
post #2 of 16

Wilton sells "clothes" cutters. You should be able to find them at Michaels.

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 12:23am
post #3 of 16

Thanks for that tid-bit!! I've been wondering the same thing icon_smile.gif

coolj Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 12:31am
post #4 of 16

Good news. I was off to Michael's tomorrow anyway. Thanks for the response.

MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 12:35am
post #5 of 16

I found a set of cutters at Wal-Mart too. I don't think they are Wilton brand but they are in the shapes of pants, shirt, skirt, circle (head/face) and shoe. I've made a couple of baby shower cakes with them and they work well. Just a suggestion in case your Michael's doesn't have the ones you're looking for...

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 12:36am
post #6 of 16

I got my mold from Michaels.. it was in the Clay section..
They have a mold on baby stuff..the little brown Bears was from the same mold , and all the other tiny baby stuff stuck to the icing (very tiny ones)..
LL

coolj Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 12:54am
post #7 of 16

You guys are so helpful. I am going to Michael's tomorrow (although I've looked at the Wilton site for the cutters and don't see them available). Now, I can look in the clay section there, or hit my local Walmart by the end of the week.

I made my first set of booties last night (finished them today), they didn't turn out too well, but I believe with more practice I'll get them to look more like I see of the posted ones. I sincerely appreciate your responses.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 4:31pm
post #8 of 16

I got mine from beryls.com the JEM dress-a-teddy set, a little different from the wilton - you can see them in my photos. I think I've seen them recently at countrykitchensa.com also.

coolj Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 9:07pm
post #9 of 16

Thanks to all. I picked up the people cutters at Michael's, and the countrykitchens website is one I hadn' seen before. Good Stuff!

kcepenney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcepenney Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:16am
post #10 of 16

Yep, I have used the little clothes cutters. You can see my Clothesline cake in my photos.

Michila Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michila Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:35pm
post #11 of 16

Hello All,

I'm looking to make a clothesline cake for a baby showe in October. All of your suggestions are very very helpful! But I had one quick question, How do you stick the clothes to the cake if using buttercream icing on the cake? Thanks for all your help!!

icon_biggrin.gif Michelle

Michila Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:36pm
post #12 of 16

Hello All,

I'm looking to make a clothesline cake for a baby showe in October. All of your suggestions are very very helpful! But I had one quick question, How do you stick the clothes to the cake if using buttercream icing on the cake? Thanks for all your help!!

icon_biggrin.gif Michelle

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:00pm
post #13 of 16

Michelle, you can use water, icing, candy melts, piping gel...

MiaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MiaT Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 6:46pm
post #14 of 16

I bought tin mini cookie cutters when I made this type cake, don't have a Michael's close by. This site has a pretty good selection:
http://www.foosecookiecutters.com/index.shtml

Michila Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 8:33pm
post #15 of 16

Thanks MiaT. If I can't find anything at my Michaels I'll buy them off of the website!!! Happy to have you guys there to help thumbs_up.gif !!!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:37pm
post #16 of 16

I've used BC also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%