Yummy Arts

Decorating By BakingWithAloha Updated 20 Jun 2009 , 10:55pm by friedturtle

BakingWithAloha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingWithAloha Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 6:31am
post #1 of 16

Aloha,

Has anyone heard anything about a new site called YummyArts.com ?
I'm on their mailing list. It sounds like it's going to be pretty incredible with a search feature that answers cake, cookie and candy questions and a professional (I think that's what it said) staff who answers questions not yet answerable by the search thingy. Plus they've got tons of videos and other cool stuff (not a forum like the one here, but lots and lots of cool features for learning). That's what I get from the blog anyway. They're opening the site later this month. Should be interesting!

15 replies
vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 11:39am
post #2 of 16

After readiing your post, I went out to their site...it does sound intriging. Will you keep this forum posted?

NTxWriter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NTxWriter Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 12:26pm
post #3 of 16

I signed up for their mailing list quite a while back and the site is supposed to launch this month (Sept). It looks very interesting. Lots of videos and articles!

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 12:57pm
post #4 of 16

I also signed up this summer and am waiting for them to open up.

jenstastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenstastycakes Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 1:10pm
post #5 of 16

I also got an email from them telling about their new search site. It does look exciting and is expected to go public on September 20th at 10:00 am (PST). There is a monthly memerbership fee, see below:

"The current cost of joining YummyArts.com includes a one-time $29.95 activation fee plus a $29.95 monthly membership fee. Please note that the activation fee is a one-time cost. After your first month as a member, you will only be required to pay the month-to-month membership fee of $29.95. But as you may have noticed, we enjoy rewarding our members There will be a special Charter Membership Discount during our first 7 days or first few hundred members, whichever might happen to come first. During the first 7 days, or to the first few hundred members who join our website, we will waive the activation fee and you pay only $10 a month for a full year. You read that right. Thats just $10 a month for our Charter Members and you pay absolutely no activation fee."

It sounds good to me and the fee is not to high, I know I will be joining especially if it is as good as it sounds.

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 16

Why would we pay for what we have here at CC for free?

NTxWriter Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 1:33pm
post #7 of 16

If you could be in the first 100, then I don't think $10 a month is too bad. I spend more than that on cookbooks and things.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:51pm
post #8 of 16

Do anyone have any information on what you get for $29.95 (or $10) per month? I signed up for their email but its not very clear what membership gives you.

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 3:13am
post #9 of 16

paolacaracas, I would not pay the 29.95 each month. I would maybe consider 10 dollars. It depends on what they offer. If it's like the other site they have a lot of good ideas in little pieces. If you want the package you have to pay for the videos or down loads. It will be interesting to see.

Kat

SCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SCS Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 3:47am
post #10 of 16

I've been getting the e-mails about this aswell, although I haven't really read them properly!

As I understand it though, the people that have created Yummyrts.com, are also the creators of the books 'Cake Decorating Made Easy'. I wonder if there will be anything new on the website, that isn't in their books?

Having said that, I don't think I will subscribe to Yummyarts.com as I do have Cake Decorating Made Easy, and I tend to use CC for all of my information!

NTxWriter Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 6:10pm
post #11 of 16

From what I understand from all the email blurbs I've been getting on Yummy Arts, the info on the site is going to be entirely new and not what's been covered in the Cake Decorating Made Easy books. There will be dozens of how-to videos which I like as I need to see how to do it.

I bought the Cake Decorating Made Easy books and they got me started in cake decorating - or showed me I could do it myself. I didn't even take a lesson as the videos were so helpful and included everything I needed to know.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 6:32pm
post #12 of 16

I was thinking hey that sounds cool! BUT DANG 30 dollars A MONTH!! woah! that seems like a lot! Especially with all the free resources out there!! You can find some great videos through people on here! Or heck -- save your money and every month you could by a nicolas lodge video. or save your money for 10 months and buy the scott clark woolley dvd set!!

http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=808

NTxWriter Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 1:32pm
post #13 of 16

I read on their blog that they will have a "how to" feature where you can ask any question and get a video or how to on it.

BakingWithAloha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingWithAloha Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 10:50am
post #14 of 16

I went back and read the report linked from their blog at YummyArts.com
and it does sounds like we have a good chance of getting in among the first that only pay $10 a month with 0 activation fee. In the report Michael said the first few hundred, so I think if you sign up at the blog for the priority mailing list and watch your email, you'd have a good chance.

Frankly I couldn't afford to pay the $30, but consdering what I spend on how-to books, not to mention time searching forums for an answer to a
very specific question, I think the $10 a month just to get immediate answers would be well worth it.

The sample videos I've seen there are done by pros. One of the demonstrators was an ICES instructor -Susan Carberry? And this other one has a cake decorating business in California. I have to look up her full name but her first name is Trish and her business is on the Internet - Cake Maven I think. Anyway she knows her stuff - very talented and a good teacher. I think you would need to pay for video packages, but we'd get lots of discounts. I figure if I buy a video package instead of a book with the discount, my membership that month would be covered.

Is that what you guys on the list got out of it?

jl5949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jl5949 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 7:30pm
post #15 of 16

Hi everyone...
I just joined this website and there is nothing really there except links that I could find on my own.
The majority of the videos need to be purchased. I've emailed their customer service as I really feel there sales pitch is very misleading. Now I'm wondering what the possible cancellation policy is...
I'll let you know more when I hear back from them.

friedturtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
friedturtle Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 10:55pm
post #16 of 16

Yummy Arts is an awesome site. It costs $19.95 a month to join. You do have to pay for some videos, but you get a discount. Others are provided free. Lately, they've been giving us at least 2 free videos a month. Very helpful and worth it. I'm addicted.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%