Favorite Wedding Cake Flavors?

Decorating By treys_girl04 Updated 28 Dec 2006 , 1:20am by melodyscakes

treys_girl04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
treys_girl04 Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 3:09am
post #1 of 6

I need to do a tasting with a bride, and she has no idea where to start with cake/fillin flavors, other than she doesnt like lemon. we are doing a chocolate/strawberry grooms cake. what cake/filling flavors do you like for wedding cakes?

5 replies
knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 3:15am
post #2 of 6

The brides I've talked to seem to all want a champagne flavored cake!

Behind that comes the "butter white" that I do, and then there's the old standby--red velvet. (OMG--you want to really cover that one--it loves to "bleed" through buttercreams!)

--Knox--

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 3:18am
post #3 of 6

I just did an anniversary cake and it was the white almond sour cream cake with a raspberry mousse filling. Delicious.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingoodies

I just did an anniversary cake and it was the white almond sour cream cake with a raspberry mousse filling. Delicious.

I'm wondering, can you pass along the recipe for the raspberry mousse filling?? It sounds divine!! icon_smile.gif

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 10:14pm
post #5 of 6

over here in Australia, the most popular cake at the moment seems to be a chocolate mud cake, with a ganache filling...OMG..is it yummy...

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 1:20am
post #6 of 6

my most picked wedding cake is white vanilla carmel. ...yes the recipe from here....white cake, and add 2 tbs. vanilla carmel coffee creamer. very good.
then they seem to like the strawberry creme...recipe on this site also. under fillings.

good luck!

melody

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%