2 Great New Websites To Order From

Decorating By brnrlvr Updated 16 Sep 2007 , 1:59am by shebellas

brnrlvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brnrlvr Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 12:57am
post #1 of 41

Iused both these websites today to order from and both orders are shipped already!
One for lace molds- http://caljavaonline.com/lacemold200s-1.htm

and one for choc transfer sheets- http://www.fancyflours.com/site/chocolate-transfer-sheets.html

I have looked at a lot of sites the last couple of days looking for unique molds and transfer sheets and these sites had the BEST selections!

40 replies
Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 1:08am
post #2 of 41

Thank you so much! I've been wanting to check out some lace molds!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 1:16am
post #3 of 41

Thanks for sharing!! icon_biggrin.gif

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 1:18am
post #4 of 41

Wow...makes me want to win some money, hop into a winabego on a road trip to the states to all these fancy cake decorating shops.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 1:41am
post #5 of 41

Fancyflours has a large and really neat selection to choose from! Thanks for the info! I have caljava in my favorites but had not heard of fancyflours. I love going into the holiday shopping mode! icon_lol.gif

brnrlvr Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 11:17am
post #6 of 41

you are welcome! I love a great find!

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 1:03pm
post #7 of 41

Thank you these look like some great sites! thumbs_up.gif

Kat

MandyBs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyBs Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 1:44pm
post #8 of 41

Thanks for sharing! Check out the castles on the CalJava site! icon_eek.gif

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 1:56pm
post #9 of 41

I hear my credit card groaning from inside my purse........ icon_cry.gif

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:00pm
post #10 of 41

OMG! I've seen CalJava but, never the chocolate transfers! I LOVE them! I think I am going to buy some right now to do a couple cakes next month!

Thanks soo much! It will save a lot of time for me!

step0nmi Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:09pm
post #11 of 41

Wait! I have a question for you chocolate transfer sheet people!

The one's that say "clear" backround (sometimes they show a colored backround) does that really mean CLEAR? How is that? How does that work? I didn't think chocolate was clear? Am I missing something here?

mom23kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom23kids Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:13pm
post #12 of 41

WOW...thanks alot....those are great sites.

Susan123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan123 Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:25pm
post #13 of 41

I received my first order from Fancy Flours last week and I am so pleased with their service. They emailed me about a shipping question because I live in Italy but had no problems shipping it immediately. I ordered many pre-made sugar flowers and all arrived intact. Each item came beautifully wrapped in black and white tissue paper and to top it off, they have a great selection! I wrote a thank you after I got my order and the woman who wrote me back, Kristi, was very appreciative. I highly recommend them!

Teekakes Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:25pm
post #14 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

Wait! I have a question for you chocolate transfer sheet people!

The one's that say "clear" backround (sometimes they show a colored backround) does that really mean CLEAR? How is that? How does that work? I didn't think chocolate was clear? Am I missing something here?

I have not worked with a transfer sheet yet but I can tell you the background of the sheet is clear. They show the sheets with different colored backgrounds so you can get an idea of what they look like on a "chocolate brown" or other color cake.
Aren't these things the neatest! icon_smile.gif

step0nmi Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:27pm
post #15 of 41

So, whatever color chocolate you put behind it will show through?? Cause you have to put chocolate on it to get is to adhere to the cake!
Thanks for the help Teekakes!

Teekakes Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:28pm
post #16 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan123

I received my first order from Fancy Flours last week and I am so pleased with their service. They emailed me about a shipping question because I live in Italy but had no problems shipping it immediately. I ordered many pre-made sugar flowers and all arrived intact. Each item came beautifully wrapped in black and white tissue paper and to top it off, they have a great selection! I wrote a thank you after I got my order and the woman who wrote me back, Kristi, was very appreciative. I highly recommend them!

This is very good to know, thank you for sharing with us. Your testimony of shipping to Italy say a lot about the attention they pay to packaging their product.

Teekakes Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:31pm
post #17 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

So, whatever color chocolate you put behind it will show through?? Cause you have to put chocolate on it to get is to adhere to the cake!
Thanks for the help Teekakes!

stepOnmi, You are welcome!

Yes, your statement s correct.
You know you can cut them up and put them on cookies and candies too. They are amazing works of art to me.

step0nmi Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:45pm
post #18 of 41

Thanks again Teekakes! That is really interesting to me! I really want to try them now!

Great sites!

WarEagle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WarEagle Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:56pm
post #19 of 41

Thanks for posting...I'd love to try these!!!

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 3:04pm
post #20 of 41

Thanks, Brnrlvr! The sites are both terrific (just added them to my favorites thumbs_up.gif )

Can anyone tell me what are the differences between all the pearl luster dusts? I see green pearl, red pearl, orange pearl, etc. but they all appear white pearl in the pix. Has anyone ever used one of these (besides the super pearl; that's the one I have)?

Melvira Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 3:20pm
post #21 of 41

Hey Lynda-bob, I think the difference is sort of a subtle one, I could be wrong, but I think that depending on what color you choose, that is the color that is more prevalent when the light hits it. You know how the opal has all the different colors in it, but in the light it shows certain colors more? Maybe I totally misunderstand... someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 3:25pm
post #22 of 41

I order from Caljava all the time and always get great service!!!Plus their shipping is very reasonable...especially to me in Canada!!

Teekakes Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 3:26pm
post #23 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda-bob

Thanks, Brnrlvr! The sites are both terrific (just added them to my favorites thumbs_up.gif )

Can anyone tell me what are the differences between all the pearl ? I see green pearl, red pearl, orange pearl, etc. but they all appear white pearl in the pix. Has anyone ever used one of these (besides the ; that's the one I have)?

I have almost all of the luster dust colors and use them frequently. They do dust or paint on the color they are supposed to be. I just made up several seashells out of white chocolate this week and used blue, green, gold, amethyst and pearl luster dusts on them. I'll take a picture and post it for you in the next few minutes so you can see the difference for yourself. They are going on a Little Mermaid themed cake today.

Teekakes Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 3:42pm
post #24 of 41

Here are the luster dusted white chocolate shells.
LL

tana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tana Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 4:00pm
post #25 of 41

Thankx for share'n

Melvira Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 4:20pm
post #26 of 41

TeeCakes, those look awesome! You used colored luster dusts, right? Would the color you would get from the colored pearl dusts be a lot more subtle? Those really look gorgeous!

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 4:42pm
post #27 of 41

TeeKakes,
Are the orange looking shells actually orange-it is hard to tell on my screen--or are they peach? I need a really pretty pearl orange to put on an old Chevy Pick Up cake I will be doing next month so I need a "Halloween" orange but pearlescent.
BTW--your shells are gorgeous!

Teekakes Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 6:51pm
post #28 of 41

Melvira, thanks! Some are colored luster dusts but two of them are pearl dusts, the whitest shells and the larger gold shells. The colored pearl luster dusts are more subtle no doubt.

MCook, thanks! I am glad you like them! They are definitely orange in color, not peachy at all. I made these the first part of the week and forgot that I actually colored the white chocolate orange for those pieces and he dust I used on them is super pearl. The purple pieces were done the same way, choc colored purple then dusted with super pearl.
So much fun! icon_smile.gif

brnrlvr Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 11:22pm
post #29 of 41

Hey! I need to make some white choc shells and was just wondering how to color them!! Do you paint it on dry, or mix the dust with alcohol and paint them? Can I airbrush them with reg color?

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 11:58pm
post #30 of 41

Ive ordered from Cava Java before. They have big ads in American Cake magazine. I think Kerry Vincent has something to do with them. EIther teaching or what have you.
Never saw Fanci Flours before but I will be ordering some of those chocolate sheets and those cute cupcake holders they have! Did you see the one's that were awesome for a wedding? Would be great favors!! Thanks for sharing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%