Thanks For All The Help :) Here's The Cake

Decorating By Horselady Updated 13 Sep 2007 , 4:53pm by delisa01

Horselady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Horselady Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 21

Okay guys. I sought some help on details for this cake. I'm not looking for pats on the back or critiques. (although I'll take some pointers) I know what I could have done better (what I don't like about the cake). I just wanted to show the people who helped what they helped me do....

April

20 replies
lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 21

That is such an adorable cake. You did a great job!

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 21

OK - maybe you're not looking for 'pats on the back' but here's a big one from me. The cake is terrific - I hope to learn as much from CC as you have so I can make cakes of this level.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 21

April,

Really cute cake! You should be very proud. I know we are our own worst critics, but from our point of view this is beautiful. I love your complimentary colors and the patterns are adorable with the frogs. Way to go! thumbs_up.gif

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 21

Oh my.. way to cute!

Erika513x2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erika513x2 Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:47pm
post #6 of 21

ok since u really don't want any comments on the cake I will just thank you for sharing the pic....
Thank you. icon_biggrin.gif

cococakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cococakes Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:48pm
post #7 of 21

It's a beautiful cake....the only complaint is how come the photo isn't bigger?? icon_biggrin.gif

GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:49pm
post #8 of 21

Wow! Way too cute! You deserve a huge pat on the back! Great cake!

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:49pm
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horselady

Okay guys. I sought some help on details for this cake. I'm not looking for pats on the back or critiques. (although I'll take some pointers) I know what I could have done better (what I don't like about the cake). I just wanted to show the people who helped what they helped me do....

April

I would not mind kissing that little frog, cute cute, is the pillow cake too?

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:50pm
post #10 of 21

April, you did a great job!

Horselady Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:52pm
post #11 of 21

Thanks guys! this cake was a huge first for me. I just started this (decorating) Dec 06, and the only fondant tool I own is a cutter (which I bought for this cake) So it was a big learning process and I have CC to thank as I wouldn't know anything at ALL without the great people of Cake Central!

The colors and base Idea I can't take credit for. It is a baby shower cake, so the theme is the nursery room's theme. The bottom cake is supposed to copy the wall paper/boarder that will go in the room. If you look up froggy tales from Lambs and Ivy you'll see it....

Again thanks so much for your compliments and to all who have helped!!! I'm so proud of this cake....

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:58pm
post #12 of 21

You did an Awesome job with this cake. I just love the color combo.

Horselady Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:58pm
post #13 of 21

Yes, the pillow is cake too....I actually screwed that up but it came out okay. When it started the edges were up higher in the air, then they sort of sank over night....I think I needed a denser cake, but it was my first pillow cake so I figure you live you learn...The Frog was my first 3D figure, the draggon flies were my first work with gumpaste, and this cake is the first time I've used luster dust.....Lots of first, but I feel like I learned SO much...

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:59pm
post #14 of 21

You have every right to be proud!! This cake is just adorable!! Great job!

ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:59pm
post #15 of 21

Wow...... nice job!!!

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 4:01pm
post #16 of 21

Since you don't want a pat on the back, I'll give you these instead... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif. I think you deserve them! icon_wink.gif Great job!

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 4:10pm
post #17 of 21

Your cake is very cute.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 4:16pm
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife1

Since you don't want a pat on the back, I'll give you these instead... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif. I think you deserve them! icon_wink.gif Great job!

DITTO!

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 4:23pm
post #19 of 21

OK, I won't give you a pat on the back, I'll give you a HIGH FIVE! What an awesome cake, definitely one to be proud of! It is very clean and neat and the design is well balanced. Way To Go!

DEBBIE157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEBBIE157 Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 4:25pm
post #20 of 21

very very cute!!

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 4:53pm
post #21 of 21

Very cute!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%