Halloween Wedding Cake!!!

Decorating By Florimbio Updated 15 Sep 2007 , 5:50pm by Iheartcake

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 9

Ok...just got a call for a holloween wedding cake, HOW FUN!!! I am so excited about this one, not just your basic BC...something new...

Now, any cool ideas? They said do what ever ya want...go totally over the top....I want to WOW them. I did a search here...not much

I know they have a "Corpse Bride and Groom" topper from Tim Burton's movie...

8 replies
CakesBySandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesBySandy Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 1:17pm
post #2 of 9

How fun!! Feel free to use my Halloween cake as an idea.

Sandy

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 1:17pm
post #3 of 9

There is a Nightmare before Christmas cake on here that is a wedding cake I think - totally cool! I also find going to Google images and typing in what I'm looking for can help bring up lots of stuff.

cfao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfao Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 9

I have one in my photos.

Have fun.

cfao

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 2:39pm
post #5 of 9

Ebay has some great Halloween wedding cake toppers reasonably priced. You could incorporate black roses with thorns coming out of the cakes into your design. Attached is a picture I found that will give you an idea of what I'm talking about. I like the idea of the topsy turvy cake for this type of theme.
LL

Rainybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainybaby Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:45pm
post #6 of 9

I like the idea metro has with the black thorns but maybe add some orange in there (mini pumpkins and such) and for a topper if your good with shaping fondant maybe the groom in one of those witch hunter thingys ya know the one where he is bent over and his head and hands are locked in the wood with the bride standing over him in a witches hat? Just a suggestion...lol

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 4:42pm
post #7 of 9

There are so many possibilities. How about a Miss Haversham's style cake? (From Dickens Great Expectations) A standard fancy white on white (slightly yellowed with age) decorated cake with a few additions. Little gray mice nibbling their way out and scampering about the cake. Throw in a few spiders and webs. A bit of something that makes it look old and dusty, maybe a few cracks. If you want to make it even worse, may be a worm or two. Toss a tea stained shredded gauze over the normal table cover etc. This sound like fun.

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 5:10pm
post #8 of 9

http://www.haunteddimensions.raykeim.com/index506.html

This is a Phantom Manor cake. I think it looks really cool. It would be a lot of carving, but it would look really neat when it was done! There is a wedding cake version of it down the page toward the bottom. You could have fun with it! Use different colors, make it your own by adding your own touches!

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 5:50pm
post #9 of 9

My sister just set her date for next year and she's going with a Halloween wedding too! I can't wait to see what you come up with.. I'm starting to get ideas too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%