What Should I Put In The Mexican Chocolate Cake? Asap!!!

Decorating By waxprincess Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 2:53pm by FrostinGal

waxprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waxprincess Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 1:39am
post #1 of 7

I have to start my sister's B-Day cake in the morning but I am stumped as to what I should fill the cake with. I am making the Mexican Chocolate Cake and frosting it with a Double Chocolate Buttercream. Can I do a White Chocolate Ganache in the middle? I wanted to use fondant on it too but is that too over the top?

Thanks,
Aubrey
ps- I'm brand new here!!

6 replies
Meloda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meloda Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 1:44am
post #2 of 7

I don't think you can ever have too much chocolate. I love white chocolate ganache. There is a recipe on CC for whipped chocolate ganache; you could follow that recipe for the white chocolate. I also love raspberries with the white chocolate. YUMMM HTH

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 3:27am
post #3 of 7

A dulce de leche filling would be fabulous as would caramel.

waxprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waxprincess Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 1:13pm
post #4 of 7

Great idea on the dulce de leche!! I think that is what I might go with. But I am going to save the white chocolate ganache for another cake!

kellylowe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellylowe Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 7

I would make Mexican vanilla buttercream and fill with that. The cinnamon in mexican chocolate , and the distinct taste of mexican vanilla go well together. Mexican vanilla is all we use in my family, and it's something you recognize when you taste it.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 4:12am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellylowe

Mexican vanilla is all we use in my family, and it's something you recognize when you taste it.

YEESSS!!! Mexican Vanilla RULES!!! I make huge batches of Mexican Hot Chocolate and take to my neighbors. They ask what is the secret that regular hot chocolate is good, but mine is better and I always tell them -- the cinnamon and Mexican vanilla.

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:53pm
post #7 of 7

I found Mexican Hot Chocolate syrup at the local Walmart this week! Not only does it make a mean Mexican Mocha when added to espresso and milk, but I'm going to try my hand at a Mexican Chocolate cake from a mix. I also found cajeta, a Mexican caramel sauce, a la dulce de leche, for adding to smbc for filling and icing. I'll post how it goes! Even if it doesn't turn out, I'm just excited for the Mexican Mochas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%