My First Castle Cake

Decorating By zoomitoons Updated 12 Nov 2006 , 2:00pm by jackie64

zoomitoons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomitoons Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 12

My daughter is 4 today and she requested a princess cake and I have been wanting to try a castle cake for a while now. She LOVED it and it wasn't near as difficult as I thought it would be. As you can see in the picture it needs to be better supported but you can't learn unless you try right? lol
since it was a small party (10 people) the only real cake is the 8 inch round layered cake in the center, the bottom is faux cake (styrofoam) and the ferrels are fondant covered rice krispie treats molded from a cup i buttered to get an easy release and the tops are fondant covered ice cream cones "painted" with wilton gel food coloring diluted in water. I have been hinting around for an airbrush for Christmas (fingers crossed)
the decorations on the cake are necco candies broken into pieces for the stone look on the bottom cake and kept whole for the rest.
LL

11 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 12

zoomitoons,

Looks great to me!

Bet your daughter felt like a princess when she saw what Mom had created just for her!

(Also noticed that my twin and I share your birthday! She likes to say that we're natural-born sweethearts.)

jespooky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jespooky Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 12

I think it looks GREAT!! I just did my first castle cake too! Yours looks tons better then mine!! I also found the need for more support in certain areas of the castles! Congrats and keep up the good work!! icon_smile.gif

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 12

really cute!!! and hope she had a very happy birthday! I want to try a castle one of these days..

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 12

Aww it looks great!!! I'm possibily going to do my 1st castle cake for my DD turning 17 in Dec... Our girls are never too old to be a princess icon_smile.gif They look so fun to do. Yours looks great!! I really like the way you did the candy melts~

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:04am
post #6 of 12

Good job! She is a lucky girl!

Bergie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bergie1954 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:13am
post #7 of 12

Beautiful cake....your daughter is one lucky girl.....I'll bet you had fun making this and watching your daughter's reaction. icon_smile.gif

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:16am
post #8 of 12

Lovely !!! i hope dhe has a great bday!

MaryAtk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAtk Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 3:48am
post #9 of 12

Beautiful! You did an awesome job! thumbs_up.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 6:09am
post #10 of 12

That is very nice! You know your little girl will remember that cake the rest of her life. You're a wonderful Mommy!

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 6:17am
post #11 of 12

Very cute. Nice job. I am sure the Little Princess will never forget what her Special Mom created for her on her Special 4th Birthday. Congratulations on a great treat!!

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 12 Nov 2006 , 2:00pm
post #12 of 12

Thats a cute castle I bet she loved it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%