The Danger Of Using "limited Edition" Coffee Cream

Decorating By birdgirl Updated 12 Sep 2007 , 12:22am by leily

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 12:16am
post #1 of 2

I would appreciate any ideas. I had a request for white chocolate raspberry cake with white chocolate rasberry icing. The issue is to make it I need the coffee creamer--which no one around here has anymore. I thought of using a white cake mix and either use the doctored recipe using white chocolate melted and stirred in the batter and some raspberry flavor or even some raspberry jello powder to make it. I usually make the cake a light pale pink so color is not an issue. Another possibility is white chocolate pudding mix in the cake batter. Do either sound good or should I turn the order down--they are set on this specific flavor. Thanks!

1 reply
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 12:22am
post #2 of 2

If they have had it before and it had the limited edition creamer then I would just tell them that it is a seasonal flavor and is no longer available.

There are lot of things that are seasonal so she may be dissapointed, but maybe you can keep a note and let her know when it is available again. Also there were some people who talked about buying a lot of it up and freezing it, however I don't remember what the consensus was on freezing the creamer, but this way you could have a longer "season" for it than the creamer is sold in the stores.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%