Help! I'm Not In The Decorating Mood!

Decorating By Jenn1978 Updated 11 Nov 2006 , 11:58pm by Jenn1978

Jenn1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn1978 Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 26

So I have this cake to do that is due tomorrow around 11:00. Problem is I am feeling really lazy and I don't want to do it!!!!! Have you ever had one of those days? I would just put it off until morning but I have to work tonight and won't get home until sometime after 7! Im really not going to be in the decorating mood come morning after working all night! Can somebody please help motivate me! Ive been attempting to start this cake since like 11:00, it's now 2! I have 8 hours before I have to leave for work! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

25 replies
mnmmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnmmommy Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 26

I completely understand what you are talking about. I wasn't in the decorating mood either today. I was doing everything possible not to start. I went out for a little bit and went to the store.

Once I started though, I couldn't start. I got in the "zone" and about an hour or two into it I thought to myself, there is nothing else in this world that I would rather do for a living. I love it.

I'm sure once you get going you'll get into it.

Best of luck!1

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 10:15pm
post #3 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1978

So I have this cake to do that is due tomorrow around 11:00. Problem is I am feeling really lazy and I don't want to do it!!!!! Have you ever had one of those days? I would just put it off until morning but I have to work tonight and won't get home until sometime after 7! Im really not going to be in the decorating mood come morning after working all night! Can somebody please help motivate me! Ive been attempting to start this cake since like 11:00, it's now 2! I have 8 hours before I have to leave for work! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

bake it now.., make all your colors of icing and then decorate it tomorrow?

hopper1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hopper1 Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 26

You could always buy it somewhere and claim it as your own. JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!! Or am I.............................. icon_rolleyes.gif

RisqueBusiness Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopper1

You could always buy it somewhere and claim it as your own. JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!! Or am I.............................. icon_rolleyes.gif

bad bunny...no cawwots for u!

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 26
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... so have you done that??

Thanks for the laugh!!

Jenn1978 Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 10:22pm
post #7 of 26
Quote:

that's funny! I thought about that! I could never get away with that though!

RisqueBusiness...I already baked them! I did that last night thinking I was going to knock the rest of it out early this afternoon!!!!!!

Ok I need to just get up and do it. I am getting off the computer right now, taking my clothes out of the dryer and then starting my cake! Wish me luck. Hopefully I don't get side tracked!!! I will post later, if I ever actually finish it!

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 10:23pm
post #8 of 26

I've been sick all week. The nose and cough are gone, but the aches in my back and well, mainly my whole body hurts. The house is a pig sty and I'm in no mood for cakes. I have two due tomorrow and I'm only half way through. I figure that if I don't do these cakes than I my as well start selling my cake stuff on ebay
good luck when you get home/

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 10:32pm
post #9 of 26

I know this is silly, but there is a song that is from a kids show and when I listen to it it totally puts me in the mood.

It's called "cooking by the book" and it's from LazyTown. You can download it on ITunes for 99 cents - it's GREAT>

Rachel

hopper1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hopper1 Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 12:33am
post #10 of 26
Quote:
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... so have you done that??

Nah, I've been tempted but I would be too paranoid. icon_biggrin.gif

Jenn1978 Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 12:42am
post #11 of 26

Ok well Im working on this cake and it just doesn't want to work with me!!!!! I should have just scammed and bought it! There is a grocery store right down the street, it's not to late right?! I can pick up a cake where the sides are showing through the frosting icon_smile.gif She won't be able to tell! I will just tell her I had a bad decorating day icon_lol.gif

Ok let me get back to this before I lose all motivation AGAIN!

Jenn1978 Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 3:34am
post #12 of 26

OK after HOURS of procrastination, I FINALLY finished it!!!!! Here it is, what do you think? I got the idea from a cake here on CC but I can't remember who did the original! Sorry..
LL
LL

RisqueBusiness Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 3:43am
post #13 of 26

wow, is the number cake also? is this the work you turn out when you don't feel like cake decorating...then I would love to see what you do when you ARE in the mood! lol

icingpraises Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingpraises Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 3:50am
post #14 of 26

Risque--you took the words right out of my mouth! That is one terrific cake Jenn! Congrats on a job very well done thumbs_up.gif

Robin

Jenn1978 Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 3:54am
post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisqueBusiness

wow, is the number cake also? is this the work you turn out when you don't feel like cake decorating...then I would love to see what you do when you ARE in the mood! lol

LOL thank you! No the one isn't cake! Wasn't feeling that crafty. It's actually just styrofoam icon_smile.gif

Now I have 2 hours to rest before I venture off to work icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Now that, I'm really not feeling! that's for sure!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 3:55am
post #16 of 26

WOW! I love that. I had to show my hubby. He thought it was for him....thinks he is #1 icon_lol.gif

Really thought it is great!

LukeRubyJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LukeRubyJoy Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 3:57am
post #17 of 26

Agreed, this cake turned out GREAT! I wish I were that good on my best day!!

Icingpraises: Love your avatar!

RisqueBusiness Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 4:48am
post #18 of 26

I hear you, I worked the graveyard shift when I worked for the police department in NYC and my days where hard!

By the time it was for me to go to work...I never felt like it..lol

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 4:59am
post #19 of 26

Wow, this was on a bad day???? Call me next time it's a good day. I'd love to see what you can do then! That looks great!

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 5:03am
post #20 of 26
Quote:

Quote:

LOL thank you! No the one isn't cake! Wasn't feeling that crafty. It's actually just styrofoam icon_smile.gif

Now I have 2 hours to rest before I venture off to work icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Now that, I'm really not feeling! that's for sure!

I know exactly what youare talking aobut. I am sure everyone does. No matter how much you love doing something when you turn it into work . . . well it becomes work.

Don't worry about work though. I am convinced that creative endeavors require a hell of a lot more energy. I don't know what you do for a living but it is easier to zone out at a nine to five than it is to zone out while trying to be creative.

Hope those two hours are rejuvinating. Awesome cake!

Jenn1978 Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 5:09am
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamas

Quote:

Quote:

I know exactly what youare talking aobut. I am sure everyone does. No matter how much you love doing something when you turn it into work . . . well it becomes work.

Don't worry about work though. I am convinced that creative endeavors require a hell of a lot more energy. I don't know what you do for a living but it is easier to zone out at a nine to five than it is to zone out while trying to be creative.

Hope those two hours are rejuvinating. Awesome cake!

Well thank you! I'm in the navy actually, so it can be quite stressfull at times icon_smile.gif Decorating lets me release some of my stress from work. People are always asking me how I find time to do it, well it's easy to find time for something that you are passionate about! I think I'm in the wrong prfession! I think it's time to hang up my uniforms and put on an apron!!!!!

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 5:10am
post #22 of 26

You call that a cake? I call it a masterpiece! It's really pretty, much too pretty to complain about, ha ha!

You did a great job on it, feeling lazy or not. I have cakes like that (not too often) where I'll do part of it then go do something else, off and on all day until it's done. I think it helps me not get too overwhelmed with the cake and everything else going on during the day.

Nice work! So NOW be lazy (or at least as soon as possible!) icon_smile.gif

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 7:09am
post #23 of 26

Wow! That is one great cake for someone who didn't feel like decorating! Great job!

Rachel

DuckyChickenLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DuckyChickenLady Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 2:31pm
post #24 of 26

That is a beautiful cake!!
I get the same feeling...rather not decorate..bake or anything.
Once I get into it though...that mood changes. Something about creative juices flowing picks me up! icon_smile.gif

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 3:21pm
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Quote:

Well thank you! I'm in the navy actually, so it can be quite stressfull at times icon_smile.gif Decorating lets me release some of my stress from work. People are always asking me how I find time to do it, well it's easy to find time for something that you are passionate about! I think I'm in the wrong prfession! I think it's time to hang up my uniforms and put on an apron!!!!!

OH! The Navy huh? Well probably no zoning out there!

Funny you should mention thinking about changing professions. I have been unemployed for quite some time and trying to get a home based business of the ground for a while. I keep calling it a hobby that pays for itself but lately this sneeking suspicion has been creeping up on me that this is more than a hobby. When I don't feel like doing something no matter how much of a commitment I have made to it I make my apologies and find a way to make it up as best I can. In the last two years I can count on three fingers the number of times I let someone down about a cake. I somehow just find a way to do it and I am starting to think it has more to do with being passionate than committed. Not sure when it happened but apparently I think a profession has finally chosen me and if I am a budding professional with my humble cakes then you certainly are that and much more.

Hope everything went well. Let us know when you decide to open your shop.

Jenn1978 Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 11:58pm
post #26 of 26

Thanks everybody for all the comments! I took the cake with me last night to work to give it to my friend whose little girl it was for and she loved it! Everybody at work was looking at it. They have seen some of my work that I have done with the cakes I bring in for differnet occasions there but nothing like my creation from last night! So needless to say they were all wondering why Im in the navy and not out decorating cakes for a living!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%