Oh I Am Pure Evil... Ya'll Are Going To Love This!

Lounge By Carolynlovescake Updated 11 Sep 2007 , 6:20pm by freddyfl

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 12:30am
post #1 of 153

I am tired of the "want a free cake friends". I've though of doing it, I've threatened my husband I'm going to do it, and was beyond fed up this weekend and finally did "it".

I was sent yet another last minute after thought e-mail invitation for my son to attend birthday party at the last minute and at the end was "oh can you bring the cake as a gift too."

I called up and said if I didnt do cakes would we have been invited stunned silence from the invitation giver with them saying "well, um, uh I reply you know what, friends dont do this to friends but youll have a cake for your party.

I went out got a foil pan, a cake mix, and clearance frosting in a can. icon_eek.gif

I walk into my kitchen hear my mixer sigh with relief that its not being drafted to run batches of butter cream and get to baking a grossly frosted cake.

10 minutes before the party starts I leave for the delivery giggling all the way. I show up minus my son as the last mom gets there. I have your cake. She rushes me to the kitchen hissing all the way what on earth is going on where is my cake!!

Of course all the moms circle around to see how cute it is and I whip off the foil protective top I placed on it.

The moms look up at me and I nicely smile and say she invited us only last night and wanted a free cake. She also stated if I didnt do cakes I never would have been given an invitation and told to bring a free cake for her as my gift. My son doesnt deserve to be treated as an after thought invitee because his mom is a licensed and professional cake decorator nor should I be asked to be doing cakes for free. She wanted last minute and free, this is what she gets.

Most of the moms have the same twinkle in her eye that I do understanding the point I was making. A couple gasp, one says how rude and the birthday mom stands there saying I told her she was getting a really nice tall cake like you do for everyone else! How will I explain it to her.

Her mom walked into the kitchen and hearing this exclaims what happened!? with concern. I quickly say my invitation was an after thought because she wanted a free cake. Thats what she got *points to the cake* The mom burst out laughing, I mean a deep true belly laugh. When she can talk she says you get what you pay for! The husband walks in hearing this looks at the cake, looks at me, looks at his wife in tears, looks at his MIL who can hardly breath and by this point and knows better than to say a word grabs his keys, says Im so leaving before war breaks out call me if you need anything. His wife cries out yeah a cake! He looks back at her and says whats wrong with that one its edible. AND KEPT WALKING!

I highly doubt Ill get any referrals or leads from it. I have to tell you though it felt good.

152 replies
Rosie_from_MD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie_from_MD Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 12:36am
post #2 of 153

I almost fell out of my chair!!!! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif I wish we could have been there to see the look on her face! Good going!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 12:45am
post #3 of 153

Way to go, we should all remember this

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 12:54am
post #4 of 153

Wow! That took guts! Thank you for taking a stand for all of us cakers!!!! I love it!.

SimpleAffair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimpleAffair Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 12:59am
post #5 of 153

You are sooo much braver than I am!!!! I don't blame you at all for reacting this way and would have loved to been a fly on the wall!

schildwaster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schildwaster Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:09am
post #6 of 153

oh my goodness. unfortunately, she probably feels she's been wronged. people like that will never get over themselves long enough to think of others. Maybe it will teach her daughter not to treat others that way too. You got a crappy cake because your mother was being a crappy person. Great Job

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:09am
post #7 of 153

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I don't even know what to say! I am guessing all the moms will have learned a lesson and if they all treated you that way, you do not need the business it might have cost. I completely understand it, but feel slightly bad for the little girl-it's not her fault that her mother is a thoughtless twit.

afh0212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afh0212 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:09am
post #8 of 153

OMG!!!! That is the funniest thing!!! I am so glad you did that! She deserved every minute of it! You go girl!!!!

bake-A-cake00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bake-A-cake00 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:11am
post #9 of 153

Thats perfect! I wish I would have been there to see the reaction, I would have laughed (I still am!) icon_lol.gif Good for you to stand up to people like that. Im with the MIL "you get what you pay for!"

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:12am
post #10 of 153

Congratulations!!! I'm so proud of you! I want so bad to have cakeballs of steel like that to be able to do that but I'm scared to death I may not be able to do it lol. But I did stand up to my mother in a similar way last weekend... she asked for a $20.00 cake to feed 30... she got a $20.00 cake to feed 18 and she also expected a batch of home made from scratch chocolate chip cookies for free, I deliver the cake, she loves it says how pretty it is thanks me for it and (I had already gotten paid a few days in advance because I know how she is icon_wink.gif) and she said "did you make the cookies" I said nope I told you I didn't have the money to make the cookies and if you wanted them you had to buy the ingredients, she said I wish you had told me before now the party is in 3 hours. I looked at her and smiled I said well you have time to get the stuff and make them... they make ready made dough icon_wink.gif and walked out lol. Never heard how the party/cake went but I bet she didn't tell them I made it lol

Liz1028 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liz1028 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:12am
post #11 of 153

I sooooooooooooooo would love to have been there!

Cake mix - 10 for $10
Icing in a jar - $2.39
Look on the "Rude" mother for asking for a free cake - Priceless

I love your spunk and your big "BAL#@" for having the guts to do exactly what you did!

I am proud to say that I am a CC member with someone who thinks out of the box ( or should I say in "the cake mix" box) on this!

Way to go Sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:12am
post #12 of 153

Good for you!!! I can only imagine how good that felt!!

simply-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simply-cakes Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:14am
post #13 of 153

Congrats!! You did something that we all dream about doing, yet never do. You have just given me the courage to stand up for myself. Reading your post has made my day! Thank you!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:14am
post #14 of 153

Holy Cow!!!! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif I believe you have CBofS, Cake Balls of Steal! icon_lol.gif (I can't remember who had them first, sorry) I was reading the whole thing with my mouth wide open!! You go girl! Everyone needs to print this and let it be a lesson learned to all those moms! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:15am
post #15 of 153

WOW!!!! I don't know that I would have done that b/c I wouldn't want to get a bad reputation.... BUT it is hilarious and I bet that mom won't make that mistake again! How sad for the birthday child though..... it's not his/her fault that his/her mom is an idiot........... icon_sad.gif

Still funny though that you got to do that to the mom.....and it sounds like she does this kind of thing a lot from the reaction of the mom and husband......

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:17am
post #16 of 153

Now that was hilarious. You go girl!!!!

Can you believe the nerve of some people, it takes all kinds though, from what I have been told.

death_by_frosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
death_by_frosting Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:19am
post #17 of 153

LOL icon_lol.gif I'm laughing so hard my stomach hurts and so do my cheeks! Thanks for the laugh CarolynGwen. Way to stand up for yourself!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

novacaine24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
novacaine24 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:24am
post #18 of 153

ROFLMAO! icon_cry.gif
Bless you, my child! You have just made my day! You are truly an (evil icon_twisted.gif ) inspiration! thumbs_up.gif

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:24am
post #19 of 153

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!

Tramski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tramski Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:29am
post #20 of 153

I bow down to the master! Even my husband was laughing at the husband's reaction of it's still edible.

You are the queen of no more free cake!

mommacat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommacat5 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:29am
post #21 of 153

icon_lol.gif I love it......Mom deserved it,she didn't even have the nerve to call she e-mailed...what cake would she have had if you hadn't read it???? icon_confused.gif

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:32am
post #22 of 153

Holy Crap, Batman!!!! I am laughing like you can not believe- I swear I am going to copy your text and email it out to a few friends who understand what I put into each one of my cakes....they are gonna ROLL!!

And Becky....Cake Balls of Steel???? Bwahhaahaaa....girl, I gotta go pee now!!!! You guys are killin' me tonight!!!

-Michelle

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

wolfley29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfley29 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:33am
post #23 of 153

I SOOOO have to remember this!

I had one mother ask for a "simple cake", which I did. Then 2 weeks later her next door neighbor's daughter had her party (which I did the volcano cake for it). The first mother was very upset that her cake wasn't as nice as this one. I told her that the volcano cake cost twice as much, and that mother didn't ask or pay for a "simple" design.

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:36am
post #24 of 153

That is just pure genius!!!!!

Good on you for bringing to light what her other friends probably think of her anyway.

And there could be no recall if you made a decent cake anyway, just not a fancy one. How could this woman expect a creation from you when your child was invited on a pretence that you would bake a cake?

I would have said " Sorry, can't do a cake, but my child would love to come to the party"

What a nerve.

I'm glad you didn't take your child to the party though.

What a cow, what a pretentious, ignorant, self-absorbed, little cow.

Very funny and you have mighty strength to commit this "EVIL" doing.
I would probably think of it, but would not have the guts to do it.

I hope you walked out with your head held high.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:38am
post #25 of 153

Well done, well done. Luckily my friends tell me I don't charge enough and I am worth every penny.

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:39am
post #26 of 153

CarolynGwen - I just don't believe you did this. You're making it up!

icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

YOU ROCK!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Wish I had the cake balls to pull that one. Still - going to print it and if the opportunity arises, I'm going to try it!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:39am
post #27 of 153

I saw the daughter after school today.

She thanked me for the cake and I did say "sorry it wasn't what you wanted".

She looked at me a bit odd and shrugged and said "what I wanted?? I just told my mom I wanted a cake and a cake is what I got. It was good... it was cake done by a professional."

She had friends, cake, ice cream, and presents. She didn't know the difference between my cake and what I normally would have done if her mom wasn't such a dork.

She could have cared less that is wasn't "professional". It was cake, frosting, and something that is a treat for her. She didn't care it wasn't butter cream, she didn't care it wasn't 3 layers, she didn't care it didn't have roses. To her the "cake lady brought a cake to her house". No other kid had ever had a cake delivered so that alone had her in "cool" status because the cake lady came and brought cake... they didn't have to pick it up at a grocery store.

I ran into one of the mom's too picking up our kids from school and she asked for a card and I kind of chuckled. I apologized for it and said I didn't mean to look bad and I would have let it all go except for the fact my son was only wanted because of my business. She laughed and said "oh honey, I have respect for you standing up for your son that way, if only more parents parented like that!"

Her son's birthday is in October so we'll see if she calls. LOL

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:41am
post #28 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2179

Well done, well done. Luckily my friends tell me I don't charge enough and I am worth every penny.

I must agree! Good for you!!!!
I, too, have great friends that tell me I don't charge enough, etc.

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:45am
post #29 of 153

I bow to thee! That was amazing. I will be telling people your story. If your ears are ringing its me tell your story. icon_cool.gif

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:51am
post #30 of 153

Wow. Good for you to standing up to the heifer. She needed to be put in her place.

Way to go!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%