Business By acookieobsession Updated 4 Aug 2005 , 2:22am by acookieobsession

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 1:00am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone--I am about to start renting a kitchen and now I want to get insurance so that if someone decides to sue...they only get the money in my business account, not my house! What type of insurance do you established bakers have? Also, could you perhaps divulge about how much you pay? I am in MD. Thanks.

3 replies
amberlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberlicious Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 4

I think you just get professional/commercial liability insurance.

I just googled 'professional liability insurance' and got tons of companies. You'll just have to call around with your info and get quotes.

Good luck! Amber

southernbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernbelle Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 2:11am
post #3 of 4

I checked into once and the premiums are around $500 for a basic commercial liability policy. This would protect you equipment as well as any potential liability claims. Depending on the company you go with.

My day job is adjusting liability claims and from some of the weirdos out there the insurance is money well spent! Good luck icon_biggrin.gif

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 2:22am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your help guys,

i will eventually bite the bullet. It is just so hard to know when is the right time to go for it. I always wonder..."what if I get the insurance, spend the money ont he equipment, and don't get enough orders to cover it."

Thanks again. And good luck to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%