Can Someone Tell Me A Good Place To Buy Satin Ice Fondant

Decorating By itsmylife Updated 9 Sep 2007 , 8:26am by RobzC8kz

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 3:45am
post #1 of 10

I need to buy a 20 lb bucket and can't find where I bought it last time. I know I had looked for a while and found some cheap place up in New York.

Any help would be appreciated!

9 replies
grumpyx07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grumpyx07 Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 4:12am
post #2 of 10

I recently asked a question about Satin Ice and got tons or replies...including where to buy it.

Check out the thread here:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=5157943#5157943

itsmylife Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 4:18am
post #3 of 10

Thanx!!!

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 4:19am
post #4 of 10

intotheoven.com has the best Satin I ce prices i have found. even with shipping it still works out to be 6 bucks less than my local cake shop. HTH

Elle

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 4:24am
post #5 of 10

i agree. www.intotheoven.com is the best online place to get it. $49.99 for 20lbs and shipping is $11 to my address. (standard shipping). i usually get it on the third day. excellent service.

my local cake supply sells it for $85 plus tax. no thank you~

itsmylife Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 4:33am
post #6 of 10

I was just looking at their site...trying to figure out if regular ground will get to me by next weekend.

When we moved a few months back, I had about 5 lbs left of a 20 lb bucket, and my darn bucket disappeared during the move. So.... I haven't needed it until now (of course). I just hate to buy the small buckets that they have here, because it works out to be so much more expensive than the online stores.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 4:34am
post #7 of 10

Out of curiosity... how long does 20 lbs. last you guys? I mean how many average 10" split and filled would you say that would make. Im too dog tired to do the math LOL

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 5:07am
post #8 of 10

I've ordered from intothe oven twice and have recieved by fondant in about 3 days! 20 lbs will cover alot of cake but I can't give you the amount of 10" cakes it will cover...too tired for the math thing too!!!

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 5:20am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriana

Out of curiosity... how long does 20 lbs. last you guys? I mean how many average 10" split and filled would you say that would make. Im too dog tired to do the math LOL

http://www.satinfinefoods.com/ordering.shtml

18 oz for one 10" round cake, so for one bucket, you could cover at least 15.

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 8:26am
post #10 of 10

I buy mine from Ambassador Foods in Ventura, CA. 20lb bucket is $48.00 plus shipping. With Shipping it's about $59.00 per bucket. My normal supply store sells a bucket for $85.00 but will also sell 1 1/2 lb blocks for $7.00 a block!! That's $105 a bucket right there! No thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%