My Husband Got Me A Kitchen Aid!!!

Decorating By sondrad Updated 8 Nov 2006 , 10:00pm by twindees

sondrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sondrad Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 29

My dear husband got me a Kitchen Aid (in a color that even matches our kitchen) for my birthday yesterday, and I am so excited!!! I now have a dough hook to make my MMF. My husband said that he felt bad for getting me an appliance for my birthday - I guess only us at cakecentral can appreciate the value of a Kitchen Aid. icon_smile.gif

28 replies
daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:21pm
post #2 of 29

yes, but only something for baking, not a vacuum cleaner--haha

CONGRATS--i'm jealous icon_smile.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 29

He feels bad?! I wish my other half would feel bad and get me (another) one! I would be very cautious about doing the mmf in it though, mine's never sounded the same since I tried it (the one and only time), and it was only a week old icon_sad.gif!

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 29

I am sooo jealous!!

Congrats.....I am hoping that santa gets my list this year!! lol

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:27pm
post #5 of 29

It is one of the few times a kitchen appliance is appreciated, isn't it. Congratulations and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! thumbs_up.gif

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:27pm
post #6 of 29

you are so lucky !!! I have broke my cardinal rule of no appliances for Christmas and have asked for one from santa.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 29

Congrats!!!! Isn't it great when the man gives something perfectly needed & wanted!!!!

Tara...... About the vacuum, I recieved one last xmass ....LOL

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:30pm
post #8 of 29

Lucky you, I cant afford a kitcheaide at this time, but would love one!!!! Ive already burned one little mixer from walmart...a 300watts....and got another cheap one.
but reality hits...Im a medic, and a single mom...so walmart loves me icon_redface.gif

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:35pm
post #9 of 29

Congrats!!! thumbs_up.gif That is wonderful!! Now can you have your hubby call mine! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I want one too!!! icon_biggrin.gif

sondrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sondrad Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:40pm
post #10 of 29

LOL. I'd be happy to have him call your husband!

It's funny, because before I got into cake decorating I would have considered an appliance as a gift as grounds for divorce!!!

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 1:53pm
post #11 of 29

Congrats on the KitchenAid!
I got one last christmas and LOVE it. I even got new
pots and pans, too. But we REALLY needed them. I start my course 3 Wilton in Dec., so when it comes to MMF, I hope my mixer holds up!

LilBlackSheep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LilBlackSheep Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 2:07pm
post #12 of 29

Congrats!!

I received one for my birthday back in August...because I asked for it. In fact, DH thought I was "setting him up" when I asked for it. icon_lol.gif

kjackson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjackson Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 2:40pm
post #13 of 29

Wow. Congrats on the KA!! My hubby has bought me appliances for Christmas.. a washer dryer combo one year after we first got married. I told him thanks.. now I have something to use to wash HIS laundry with. Just what I always wanted.. LOL! He hasn't done that since. (He hasn't lived it down.. still hears about it occassionally after all these years) icon_razz.gif

I'm hoping a KA will be under the tree for me this year. icon_biggrin.gif

justduit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justduit Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 3:44pm
post #14 of 29

I gave my wife a KitchenAid for Christmas last year, and her comment on opening the box was "Look, Daddy bought himself a mixer!" and honestly, I have used it more, but we both love it.

Mark

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 3:48pm
post #15 of 29

yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! They are great! I used my IRS check when I worked years ago and I was hesistant but man, was it a great buy!! I am not wishing ANY illwill towards the one I have now, but the next time I will buy the bigger one. I have the standard $250 one. Loove it but I am wearing it out since I came here! icon_wink.gif

Next birthday maybe see if he will get you extra bowls--wish I had a few! Asking for that the minute my mil asks me what I want--she always does and I never say anything but this year...............well, she probably won't ask--lol

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 3:48pm
post #16 of 29

happy belated and congrats. that is the only appliance i would lke as a gift. if he gives me a pot or a blender its fight time. icon_wink.gif

Eddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eddie Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 3:54pm
post #17 of 29

I got mine for christmas last year with a bread and dessert maker and I'm hoping for a few more gadgets like an airbrush this year. Congratulations you're gonna love it!!

ChefStef22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefStef22 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 3:59pm
post #18 of 29

I'm jealous too!! I was just talking to my hubby the other day about the pink kitchen aid they have at Bed Bath and Beyond. I would love to have this one just because my kitchen has candy colors that would match perfectly with it. But, if I don't get the pink one it'll be fine as long as I just get a kitchenaid.

prettysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettysweet Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 4:07pm
post #19 of 29

Happy Belated Birthday and congratulations on the great gift. You must be so excited. I'm waiting for a KA that I ordered from QVC as their today's special value. I've burned out 4 small mixers in about a year so I knew I needed something much stronger. I really don't like to leave appliances on the counter and really didn't have room. When QVC had the special on the perfect new color to match my kitchen in a professional grade I finally gave in. I wasn't sure how I was going to get holiday baking done but now it should be a pleasure. Hope both of us enjoy our new mixers. (yours is much more special- as a gift)

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 5:26pm
post #20 of 29

Well congradulations!!!! I know how it feels I just got a KA on Monday from my husband. We kind of got into a little argument and he came home with a KA. WOW. We should get into arguments more often. Anyways its just a Classic white one but I am just happy to have a KA it doesnt matter what color it is as long as I have one. As for getting an appliance for a birthday present or christmas present I wouldnt mind it as long as it was what I asked for. Last year I really wanted the fridge with the tv but never got it icon_sad.gif so my husband never lives it down. So when my shows come on he has to take care of the cooking. He should have bought me the fridge. LOL.

mlparker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlparker Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 5:35pm
post #21 of 29

Happy Birthday and congrats on your new mixer! I'm hoping to get one for Christmas/Birthday (same day) icon_rolleyes.gif this year. My husband just lost his job a week ago though, so maybe I'll just have to wait a little longer. Oh well, good things come to those who wait (maybe I'll get the 600 icon_wink.gif ).

I was cracking up at Spottydog because I got a vacuum cleaner last year for Christmas but it was exactly what I asked for and I love it (Dyson pet vac).

I love it when DH gets me exactly what I want. The first year we were dating he bought me a serger sewing machine. I use it all the time too.

I'm one of those weird girls who would much rather have power tools or appliances as opposed to clothes or perfume. Now diamonds, THATS a different story. A girl can NEVER have too many diamonds. But I was lucky enough to get one of those too in the form of an engagement ring 2 Christmases ago. My hubby is a GEM!!

Congrats on your new KA and have fun with all of your baking projects for the Holidays and years to come.
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 5:36pm
post #22 of 29

Wow

finnox wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Last year I really wanted the fridge with the tv but never got it so my husband never lives it down.

They make these - really? icon_eek.gif I must get out more often. icon_biggrin.gif

DebraJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebraJ Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 5:49pm
post #23 of 29

Congratulations!!! Welcome to my world!!!

I have two KitchenAid heavy duty mixers, and I'm loving life. I LOVE to bake and now that I can make my own MMF, I'm really showing on when I give cakes as gifts or make them for sale.

I'm always so excited when people pay attention to what I love to do and purchase gifts accordingly. It really ticks me off when they give me a gift card to a store that I don't shop in when they enjoy all of my food gifts. Duh!!!

Have fun with your KitchenAid!

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 5:51pm
post #24 of 29

Yes they sell them at best buy I saw one and really wanted one so maybe sometime when my husband gets a raise we will get it finally. The price isnt that bad for the fridge they are selling only like 1,000 and its the two sided fridge and on one side is the ice maker and the other is a tv. Its awsome.

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 6:01pm
post #25 of 29

I have an oldie but a goody KA.... Lots of complaints about the newer ones. Be sure to keep your receipt, etc. You can see comments on the KA site, Amazon.com and Epinions...good places to see. Some of them are just not lasting like the oldies.... I pray my holds out forever!!! If not, I may look at another brand like DeLonghi.... Mine is probalby over 20 yrs old. Got it after burning out Sunbeams.... A fried got the tilt head KA for Christmas one year and when we were trying to make pasta it started smoking....oye... she took it back and got the heavy duty....

DuckyChickenLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DuckyChickenLady Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 6:15pm
post #26 of 29

You are so lucky!!
I am currently saving up for a KitchenAid...I have a SunBeam and am praying it makes it until I can afford the KA. I am holding out for the bigger model with the stronger motor. Not sure of the model # .

Enjoy!! And happy belated! icon_smile.gif

georgiamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
georgiamom Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 6:54pm
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sondrad

My husband said that he felt bad for getting me an appliance for my birthday - I guess only us at cakecentral can appreciate the value of a Kitchen Aid. icon_smile.gif

Isn't it funny! Three years ago, dh got me a KA for Christmas and the next year he bought me a food processor. My friend had asked him what he got for me before Christmas and when he told her, she read him the riot act for getting me something with a cord. Poor guy - it was exactly what I wanted!!

Have fun with your new toy!

DebraJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebraJ Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 9:45pm
post #28 of 29

I finally broke down and bought a KitchenAid from Costco after I burned the motor out of my old Sunbeam stand mixer while I was making buttercream frosting. Guess it was too much for that machine. I've been happily satisified with my KA ever since. My mother says it makes too much noise -- I have two of the 6 qt (one red and one yellow) but I don't care because it does all the work. From cake and cookie batters to dough batter and frostings, I have never had a complaint.

QVC keeps showing the KA in all of those wonderful colors on their easy pay plan. That's how I got my second one. I just bought a KA hand mixer for those days when I have to mix something at work.

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 10:00pm
post #29 of 29

Happy Belated Birthday and congratulations. What a great gift. I wanted my husband to buy me one so I dropped hints everyday. He never got the hints. So, I went out and brought one for myself. The 6 qt. (that was 2 years ago) A few months ago Williams Sonoma had the apple green 5qt(Green MY COLOR) on sale for $180 and I asked him to get me another one and he felt I did not need it so once again I brought it for myself. I would have loved for him to have purchased it for me but he just did not understand. He doesn't understand that to a baker a KA is like gold. He would have been on my good side for a VERY VERY long time.

Oh well. Sometimes a girl just have to do things for herself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%