Mooncup/keeper - Must Recommend To You All!

Lounge By emmascakes Updated 21 May 2011 , 10:05pm by Rhonlynn

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 2:37am
post #61 of 72

This is really interesting! Can't wait to hear from the ladies that ordered one!

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 7:07am
post #62 of 72

Me neither, I'm literally checking this thread daily to see if anyone's used it yet! I'm part exciting part nervous. If it is tricky first time gals - don't give up!

murf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
murf Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 2:26pm
post #63 of 72

Hi Emma,
I have had one for about a year now! I cut the stem quite short but maybe I should have left it a bit longer as I do have a bit of a problem getting hold of it to get it out. I do have a rather odd shaped 'downstairs' department according to my consultant - it's tilted very oddly backwards!! TMI I'm sure. But that's the only downside to it. I've never had a leak out of it or felt it etc etc. Good on you for posting this!
Jenny

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 8:05pm
post #64 of 72

Just ordered one. Hope it works for me as well as it has for all of you who have it and like it. Looking forward to less hassle every month, that's for sure!

Pumkinwaffles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pumkinwaffles Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 9:11am
post #65 of 72

Im going to have to get one of these, I have always wondered how they worked. I bleed very heavy, and hate changing my tampons every hour the first few days of my period. I also think tampons are a waste of money and I go through 2 boxes a month! So this would pay for itself in 3.5 months flat! Thanks for the information, and I will post my review once I get one and have my period the end of oct!

Happy Baking,

Alicia

emmascakes Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 7:37pm
post #66 of 72

I can't wait to see how people get on with it - good luck to everyone who's bought one. I recently found out that you can wear it for 12 hours at a time which would be heavenly, I'm still changing mine more often but it hasn't been full yet so I could be a bit more brave!

PattyLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyLen Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 11:45pm
post #67 of 72

OMG, am I really posting in here??? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I haven't had a visit from "my friend" in three years, but I am ordering one for my daughter. Wish I had know about this years ago.

Thanks Emma.

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 1:29am
post #68 of 72

Wow! Emma, thank you for this info.

I consider myself VERY liberal when it comes to "vagina" talk ...Vagina Monologues anyone? I was raised by a flower child mommy who bought me "our bodies, our selves" at age 8, gave me a mirror, and said "become familiar with your body because it's YOURS.

However, I've never heard of the keeper! Oh, don't worry, I'll be calling my mother in the morning to tell her she dropped the ball somewhere alone the line! LOL

Anyway, I'm ordering one right away and looking forward to being a more responsible citizen. I've always felt guilty about tampons and the damage they do to the environment. I, too, read the statistic that plastic tampon covers are a leading cause of pollution; Environmentalists actually have a name for them ..."beach whistles" because they wash up on beaches in the thousands!! How disgusting is that?

Thank you all ladies for the great info and for the open discussions we all should be having.

emmascakes Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 7:40am
post #69 of 72

I have that book 'Our bodies, ourselve' too! IKt always makes me want to join some women's group where we sit around in a circle with bare feet etc. I highly recommend 'Women's bodies, women's wisdom' a wonderful book sort of a health and philosophy book in one.

Trisha-H Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trisha-H Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:25pm
post #70 of 72

I use a Diva cup (basically the same thing as the Keeper). I LOVE IT!! I also use Instead for those times when my husband and I want to be "together". No mess whatsoever! Just like it takes some practice the first time you use a tampon or insert contact lenses, be patient with these. It's totally worth it.

As far as people who think they should consult a doctor before using it, don't waste your money and time unless you have an actual problem with it. You don't need permission from anybody to use this product. Plus, most have likely never heard of the Keeper, Diva cup, etc. WHy? Because it isn't a problem to use them. What woman actually calls her doc to ask about using a sex toy, or a new partner, or her own hand? None of those things are sterile (even if a condom is used). So what is the difference with using the Keeper? Yeah, keep it clean with soap and water - common sense stuff. A woman's vagina is not some dirty, nasty, bacterial wasteland that Summer's Eve would like you to believe. Ugh.

Sorry about the rant. Better get back to finding what I came looking for.

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:38pm
post #71 of 72

Summer's Eve...do they even sell those anymore!!!??? They should have a warning label "Any doctor you speak to will recommend NOT using this product"

Rhonlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonlynn Posted 21 May 2011 , 10:05pm
post #72 of 72

I'm 49, and you know...I use one. I have for years. I still have pads, but, I use Keeper, and I absolutely love it. When I need it, it is there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%