Suggestions Please

Decorating By bakedandiced Updated 12 Sep 2007 , 1:09am by bakedandiced

bakedandiced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedandiced Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 6

Okay fellow cc'ers my hubbt turns 40 on Monday and has now decided he wants a cake. Which is fine, I am just in a rut for ideas. I need something simple as my dd's will want to help (6 and 3). Things that he likes: Disney, Pirates, Trading cards, Movies. If anyone knows of some links to pics of fairly simple designs, I would appreciate the help. I am pressed for time.

TIA

Gail

5 replies
cakeladyinri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyinri Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 6

Do you have an edible image printer? You could do a pirates of the carribean picture and place it on the cake.

Or you could do a pirate ship they are fairly easy especially if you don't have to make it all that big.

Just a couple of suggestions.....

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 6

maybe some movie passes to go with it?

vrmcc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vrmcc1 Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 6

Flat ice the cake and give the girls icing bags and just let them squeeze icing all over the cake. It's so cute when the girls can tell daddy they decorated the cake all by themselves.

Val

bakedandiced Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 1:12am
post #5 of 6

cakeladyinri - I wish I had an image printer, it is on my wish list. icon_smile.gif

keonicakes - Movie Passes are a great idea, I will sneak out to the theater tomorrow and get him some.

vrmcc1 - I had not thought of letting the girls decorate the cake. I think that is a good idea! I will post a picture of the cake and a link to a picture of them decorating it. My poor Kitchen may never be the same after they are done with it. icon_smile.gif

I have been so stressed this week from work. I could not wrap my mind around a cake.

Thanks everyone.

bakedandiced Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:09am
post #6 of 6

Just wanted to thank everyone again for their ideas. The girls had a lot of fun decorating the cake. The oldest kept coming in the kitchen wanting to know when I was going to be done so SHE could be a decorator. I made a large batch of buttercream thinking that they would love to squeeze it out all over the cake. Well turns out they wanted to use the leftover MMF from Stitch to decorate it. The baby ate more MMF than she rolled out. Here is a link to the final item:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1026763.html

Thanks again everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%