Help!!! Hump Day Cake

Decorating By dshlent Updated 8 Sep 2007 , 4:08am by JanetPlanet

dshlent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dshlent Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 7

The school just called and wanted a cake. They said they want it to celebrate "hump day" on wednesday. I was going to put a "hump" in the center and write "Yeah!! It's Hump Day!" But not sure what else to do. She said to do whatever!! Any neat ideas would be great!!!!!

~Thanks!!!

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 10:23pm
post #2 of 7

make up side look treacherous -- jagged path, wicked trees, dead trees, dead birds, tombstones.

make down side look like a slide that leads into a big pool w/ a pool party in progress.

add appropriate figures

up side, clawing, crawling, looking near dead as they climb to the top.

down side --- PAR-TEE!!!! happy, smiling, enjoying the pool, lounging, laughing.

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 7

Maybe a camel? Either a carved or shaped camel or just one done on top of a cake in icing.

You could do the white cake with a hump in the middle and a few figures teetering at the top. "We're almost over the hump."

dshlent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dshlent Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 2:27am
post #4 of 7

Great ideas!!!!! Thanks!!!!!

Monilynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monilynn Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 3:42am
post #5 of 7

I would make a cake depicting the first part of the week as the desolate desert with a camel in the midde headed to a lush paradise/oasis for thursday ( startin to get green ) friday ( palm trees more green edge of water) sat full pool in the oasis !)

Hope that helps !

Monica

ShannanM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShannanM Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 3:52am
post #6 of 7

Alpha on one side, Omega on the other.

JanetPlanet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanetPlanet Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 4:08am
post #7 of 7

Doug's post made me think of a cake I saw here the other day that's kind of simple. It was done by member "sone"...

You could have ragged rock steps on the backside and maybe "wooden" posts marking the trail with "Monday" and "Tuesday", and then a penguin planting a "Noon Wednesday" flag at the top? I love the party hats when they are sliding down! LOL!

I hope sone won't mind that I'm posting this! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%