Suggestions Needed 4 Cookie Bouquet How To Make The Stick St

Baking By bunzie Updated 7 Sep 2007 , 2:10pm by cheflish

bunzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunzie Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 9

I'm doing my first cookie bouquet. What is the best way to get the stick to "stick" to the cookie?

8 replies
momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 9:11pm
post #2 of 9

I insert them before baking. Just push it in with a little twist. I touch the top of the cookie so I can feel where the stick is. Also I cut my cookies 1/2 in thick.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 9

I am one that inserts my sticks about 3-4 mins after they are out of the oven. I use bamboo skewers so they have one end sharpened already and I put this end into the cookie.

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 1:39am
post #4 of 9

I do it exactly the same as momg9 does. Just watch the "handle" end of the stick also to see that it's going in level as well as keeping your fingers on top of the cookie when inserting. Good luck!!

kdhoffert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 7:42am
post #6 of 9

I've tried most but for me when I dip the stick in egg whites before sticking in the cookie then cooking the cookie. I've been told royal icing on the stick before inserting once cooked will help it stick but each to their own. I've tried sticking it in after it's cooked but it doesn't work for me but does for others. Good luck trying what works for you.
icon_smile.gif Leigh

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 12:04pm
post #7 of 9

I lay the stick down on the cookie pan, place the cookie on top, and lightly press down along the stick. I've never had one fall off yet.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 12:32pm
post #8 of 9

I bake with the stick in. If it becomes loose afterward, then I dip the stick in RI and stick back in. No problems yet! *fingers crossed*

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 2:10pm
post #9 of 9

I cut my cookies rather thick, and then put the stick in the middle of the cookie before baking.

Here is a quick tutorial.....

Good Luck!!!!

Lish

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%