I Need To Know How To Make Ediable Images

Decorating By Gaut Updated 23 Jul 2005 , 4:17am by Lisa

Gaut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gaut Posted 22 Jul 2005 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 5

I have seen so many beautiful cakes with ediable images. Could someone tell me how to make edialbe images? Thanks in advance
gaut

4 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 22 Jul 2005 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 5

You have to buy the Canon printer with edible ink cartridges .. you will also need frosting sheets to print your images on ... The best place I've found to get the printer is from Amazon ... I wouldn't invest in the package deals as they're too expensive!! There are some other posts in there on printers and edible images too icon_smile.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 22 Jul 2005 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 5

It's also fun to have a clipart program..that way you can scan images and really personalize them, add cartoons and thing like that. I have several of the ones I've done uploaded in the photo gallery!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 22 Jul 2005 , 11:33pm
post #4 of 5

If you don't want to invest in the equipment yet to make them yourself. You can take your picture you want on the cake to your local Wal-mart or local Grocerystore bakery and they can do it for you for about $5.00

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 23 Jul 2005 , 4:17am
post #5 of 5

Making edible images is just like printing any other pictures only your using edible inks and edible "papers." You'll need a Canon Bubble Jet Printer (the iP1500 or the iP3000 are a couple choices), edible inks and frosting sheets. I buy inks and sheets from www.kopykake.com or www.sugarcraft.com Remember to size your image to fit the frosting sheet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%