Decorating By awolf24 Updated 25 Sep 2007 , 11:36pm by 2Cupcakes

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 5:31am
post #31 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSombra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarbean

They need to do these things in the "off" season...
*pout**

I agree...the summer is my go time. I hardly have time to breathe, let alone go to a convention somewhere in the summer! They should do it in the fall or winter. Boy, I'd love to go to Vegas or Orlando in the winter icon_lol.gif much warmer than here icon_wink.gif

AGREED AGREED AGREED!!!!!!
I mean for pete sake these are professional cake decorators holding this event. I'm going to do everything in my power to go (even though it sounds like WITHOUT my best cake buddy *Sugarbean*...hint hint hint) but I would love to see them hold this in February, March or April. (Maybe I'll phone and book phony cake bookings for that weekend...then they'll all "mysteriously" cancel on you shug...then you can "mysteriously" be able to go to Vegas with me... icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Rikke_Denmark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikke_Denmark Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 6:45am
post #32 of 61

arggg.... why ohhh why am I born in denmark.....

LOOOOL

I have to think about saving a ton of money and take my family on holiday in las vegas.... But will take some years to save that kind of money LOOOOL

Maybe when my kids are older....

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 7:41am
post #33 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikke_Denmark

Maybe when my kids are older....

yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking as well.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:15am
post #34 of 61

Hi everyone, I can answer a few of the questions, having been Chairperson for Cake Camp for the last two events, and previous President of California Cake Club for the last 4 years. The website still lists the dates for 2006, and the classes as well. The schedule for 2008 won't be posted till Spring of 2008, and the event will be in late August. Colette, and Nick will be on the schedule along with many other popular instuctors. Everything is in the planning stages but will be posted on the website, as it happens. I would definately recommend you join 3C's, if you are not already a member, for the latest information available. The California Cake Club is not part of ICES, but is a non-profit corporation, and has been in existance since 1980. If you have any other questions, I am happy to help if I can..

LaSombra Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:28am
post #35 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

Hi everyone, I can answer a few of the questions, having been Chairperson for Cake Camp for the last two events, and previous President of California Cake Club for the last 4 years. The website still lists the dates for 2006, and the classes as well. The schedule for 2008 won't be posted till Spring of 2008, and the event will be in late August. Colette, and Nick will be on the schedule along with many other popular instuctors. Everything is in the planning stages but will be posted on the website, as it happens. I would definately recommend you join 3C's, if you are not already a member, for the latest information available. The California Cake Club is not part of ICES, but is a non-profit corporation, and has been in existance since 1980. If you have any other questions, I am happy to help if I can..

Thanks alot for the info thumbs_up.gif So you don't have to live in California to be part of the cake club then??

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:10am
post #36 of 61

I don't think you have to live in CA to join the Cake Club. Oh, and for those of you on the East Coast or can't make it to Cake Camp in the summer, they are having a Cake Cruise leaving from Florida in December of 2008!! Start saving those pennies now!

CakesByLJ Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 12:05pm
post #37 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSombra

Thanks alot for the info thumbs_up.gif So you don't have to live in California to be part of the cake club then??

That is correct, you do not have to live in California to be a member of 3C's. We have a newsletter, Batter Chatter, that is published every other month, and you can go to the website to join, www.cacakeclub.org

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:08pm
post #38 of 61

Thanks CakesbyLJ! Great info and thanks for clearing some things up. I'll be joining 3Cs next week. icon_smile.gif

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 12:38am
post #39 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mconrey

I don't think you have to live in CA to join the Cake Club. Oh, and for those of you on the East Coast or can't make it to Cake Camp in the summer, they are having a Cake Cruise leaving from Florida in December of 2008!! Start saving those pennies now!

you got info on this icon_biggrin.gif

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 6:12pm
post #40 of 61

Here's a link to info for the Cake Cruise:

http://www.cakecruise.com/

I just joined the CA Cake Club online - woohoo! Cake Camp '08 here I come! icon_smile.gif

ddmckinney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddmckinney Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 6:30pm
post #41 of 61

I'm interested in the event in Orlando. who has info?

I'm in Jax., FL, and that is way closer than Vegas.

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 7:13pm
post #42 of 61

i really want to go....the only thing is i want to take all the classes and go to all the demonstrations....oh what is a girl to do!!!!!

sweetjane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjane Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 10:58pm
post #43 of 61

The 2008 ICES Convention will be held July 17-20, 2008 in Orlando. Anyone interested in attending should visit the websites at www.ices.org or www.flices.org
Jane

daltonam Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 11:05pm
post #44 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjane

The 2008 ICES Convention will be held July 17-20, 2008 in Orlando. Anyone interested in attending should visit the websites at www.ices.org or www.flices.org
Jane

hey jane, nice to see you here icon_biggrin.gif thanks for that info, i want to go, we'll see. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

daltonam Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 11:11pm
post #45 of 61

when is/was the CCC 2007

sweetjane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjane Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 11:17pm
post #46 of 61

It was the last week of July in Omaha.

daltonam Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 11:18pm
post #47 of 61

opps, i meant the cruise, sorry

decoratordidi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratordidi Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 11:30pm
post #48 of 61

I am definately interested in going, where can i get info on it???????

daltonam Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 11:33pm
post #49 of 61

decoratordidi--welcome to CC, here's the info i think u r wanting icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecruise.com/index.shtml

CakesByLJ Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 6:22pm
post #50 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonam

Hi, You missed the boat (so to speak, haha) It sailed to Alaska on Sep 2, 2007.... Keep checking the website for the latest information for the next one.. www.cakecruise.com

daltonam Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 8:51pm
post #51 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonam

Hi, You missed the boat (so to speak, haha) It sailed to Alaska on Sep 2, 2007.... Keep checking the website for the latest information for the next one.. www.cakecruise.com

LOL.....i knew that it was in Sept, i just couldn't remember when.....what i was wanting was for someone here that was going to get me the discounted reservations for the 2008 cruise (which i seen on the web site, just a little to late thumbsdown.gificon_sad.gif )

2Cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2Cupcakes Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:25am
post #52 of 61

I just told my husband I knew what I wanted for my birthday next year--a trip and he was going with me. I said it was "Cake Camp...." and he stopped breathing for a second. When I finished the sentence "....in Vegas" His response was WHOOO HOOO!!!
I told him he could play poker while I took classes. There would be several hours where he wouldn't have to worry about me calling or waiting on him, he could play as much as he wanted. He asked how much it was for me to take ALL the classes....lol

I can't wait for them to post more info on the camp. I'm so excited!!! icon_biggrin.gif

LaSombra Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 3:25am
post #53 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cupcakes

I just told my husband I knew what I wanted for my birthday next year--a trip and he was going with me. I said it was "Cake Camp...." and he stopped breathing for a second. When I finished the sentence "....in Vegas" His response was WHOOO HOOO!!!
I told him he could play poker while I took classes. There would be several hours where he wouldn't have to worry about me calling or waiting on him, he could play as much as he wanted. He asked how much it was for me to take ALL the classes....lol

I can't wait for them to post more info on the camp. I'm so excited!!! icon_biggrin.gif

lol icon_lol.gif

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 4:09am
post #54 of 61

I'm trying to work up the nerve to possibly make the trip ALONE icon_surprised.gif I know I know...big deal, but I've never traveled alone, and well...Vegas is BIG! icon_eek.gif Specially for someone from a little 'ol hick town in northern Canada. But I've told everyone who cares to buy me travel gift certificates for christmas and bithday...so here's hoping I don't chicken out icon_redface.gif

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 4:34am
post #55 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthiberge

I'm trying to work up the nerve to possibly make the trip ALONE icon_surprised.gif I know I know...big deal, but I've never traveled alone, and well...Vegas is BIG! icon_eek.gif Specially for someone from a little 'ol hick town in northern Canada. But I've told everyone who cares to buy me travel gift certificates for christmas and bithday...so here's hoping I don't chicken out icon_redface.gif

Where in alberta are you? I have family in Vilna and Red Deer. I think also Edmonton....who knows where else. My extended family is so darn big.

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 4:44pm
post #56 of 61

Oh yeah, forgot to add.

I told dh about this and he said "I can play blackjack while you take classes".

Who knows if it will actually happen but the idea is so exciting!!!

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 4:58pm
post #57 of 61

I would LOVE to go, but hubby & oldest daughter are going to Costa Rica on a missions trip. So ....no extra money left to go anywhere.

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 5:02pm
post #58 of 61

I would love to attend... we're planning a trip to Vegas next year anyways but why is it in MID summer... you know how HOT that's going to be? Not sure if I really want to be in Vegas at that time... we were planning either early April or late October... hmmm...

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 5:09pm
post #59 of 61

OK, definitely going to Orlando 2008, would love to go to Vegas BUT not sure yet... save save save!
And the Cake Cruise... would LOVE that as well!

2Cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2Cupcakes Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:30pm
post #60 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthiberge

Mthriberge, you know you won't be in Vegas alone. There will be plenty of your cake central friends there!

My husband and I took our parents and some friends to Vegas in April when we got married. They loved it! My parents live in a small town of 700 people. They had a blast out there and are planning to go back again next year. There's so much to do out there.....and so much to do that's free! We plan a Vegas trip ourselves every year. Go onto Vegas.com and visitlasvegas.com to order free brochures and show schedules. cheapovegas.com is another website with good info for the frugal traveler and it has reviews.

I have relatives in Ontario. My grandmother's maiden name was LaBombarbe. It's been awhile since I've seen them but we use to visit every summer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%