Business Name Question

Decorating By dezzib27 Updated 5 Sep 2007 , 5:48pm by dezzib27

dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 16

I have been trying toc ome up with a business name that is both available in my area and has a domain name available. SO FAR the only thing I can come up with that is available is Decadent Obsessions. OK have at it and tell me what you think. Some of the other things I liked but were not available are Sweet Creations, Sweet Occasions, Creative Confections, Heavenly Confections, and so on. I know, not very original, but I'm trying. PLEASE HELP!!!

Des

15 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 16

I really like the Decadent Obsessions. Sounds sinful. Yum, cake.

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 16

i can't put my finger on why, but im not too crazy about decadent obsessions....

maybe decadent desserts by XX?

UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccakelly

i can't put my finger on why, but im not too crazy about decadent obsessions....

maybe decadent desserts by XX?

I am with you, I am not sure what it is that I don't like but it doesn't grab me for some reason. I know that doesn't help but is MHO.

Good luck thumbs_up.gif

dezzib27 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 16

I have thought about putting my name in it but, my mom is doing this with me too and then I would feel like it would be harder to include us both. Any suggestions on that point is great too!

Susan123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan123 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzib27

I have thought about putting my name in it but, my mom is doing this with me too and then I would feel like it would be harder to include us both. Any suggestions on that point is great too!

I think it might be the word "obsessions", it has a negative connotation for many people. I like Decadent Desserts...how about Decandent Dreams or Decadent Dolce? Dolce means "sweets" in Italian.

JenLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenLen Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 4:12pm
post #7 of 16

If your initials go well together you could try that, or even the first few letters of both of your names. There is a salon here that is named JoMaJi (pronounced Joe-Ma-Gee). The husbands name is Joe, the wife is Mary and the daughter is Jillian. There is also a bakery here named CJ's, after the owners initials. Just a thought. icon_razz.gif

Sweetpeeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeeps Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 4:30pm
post #8 of 16

Is your name Dezzi or do you go by that? Cause that would sound really neat. Dezzi's Confections... or Dezzi's creations... or whatever. I know if it was my Mom helping me she wouldn't care a hoot if it just had my name in it. Ecspecially if it was a catchy name like Dezzi. Sweet Dezzi Cakes?? Just some ideas.

sugarlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlove Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 5:12pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzib27

I have been trying toc ome up with a business name that is both available in my area and has a domain name available. SO FAR the only thing I can come up with that is available is Decadent Obsessions. OK have at it and tell me what you think. Some of the other things I liked but were not available are Sweet Creations, Sweet Occasions, Creative Confections, Heavenly Confections, and so on. I know, not very original, but I'm trying. PLEASE HELP!!!

Des

Here are a start...question to ask yourself:

1. What type of product are you offer? wedding cakes only, cakes for all occasions, dessert type cakes etc...
2. What is your style? Elegant, Fun/Funky, Whimsical...
3. What is your concept?
1. who will be my target market? any income, middle income, upper income...your style of product and concept will dictate the target market.

once you are able to answer the above question it should be easier to come up with a name that reflect the image (brand) of your business.

dezzib27 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 5:24pm
post #10 of 16

THANK YOU!!!!

DanielleHester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanielleHester Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 5:26pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpeeps

Is your name Dezzi or do you go by that? Cause that would sound really neat. Dezzi's Confections... or Dezzi's creations... or whatever. I know if it was my Mom helping me she wouldn't care a hoot if it just had my name in it. Ecspecially if it was a catchy name like Dezzi. Sweet Dezzi Cakes?? Just some ideas.

I really like this idea. It is really catchy.

dezzib27 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 5:28pm
post #12 of 16

I am liking Decadent Dolce or Dezzi's Confections....... Decisions decisions!

onceuponacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacake Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 5:37pm
post #13 of 16

dezzi's decadent confections?

dezzib27 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 5:39pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceuponacake

dezzi's decadent confections?

I like I like!

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 5:41pm
post #15 of 16

I have thought about this long and hard when I was really serious about a bakery. I really don't think it will ever happen....mainly because there are just too much politics and other stuff involved and I didn't want it to turn into something that would take the fun out of it for me. Anyway....after a ton of names, I came up with Craving Confections. The logo would have been the 2 Cs kinda intertwined with "raving" and "onfections" in script lettering after each C. I would love to know that someone can use the name that I dreamed about for so long. I wanted something that would describe what was inside and I think that the word craving just makes your mouth water to think about what is to come.

dezzib27 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 5:48pm
post #16 of 16

Craving Confections by Dezzi does have a ring to it.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%