Copper Roses

Decorating By msg1474 Updated 6 Sep 2007 , 3:19am by msg1474

msg1474 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msg1474 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 3:28am
post #1 of 5

I have to make a wedding cake this weekend and the brided wanted copper flowers and accents on the cake. I was wondering if I could make royal icing flowers and then dust them with copper dust? Will the royal icing take the copper dust or do I have to make them out of fondant/gumpaste? What other options could I use? I was also thinking of just making buttercream roses and then make the leaves out of fondant and then paint them with food coloring (copper color) or use luster dust.Any ideas would be welcomed. icon_lol.gif

4 replies
AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 3:37am
post #2 of 5

The royal icing will take the copper color. I did this on my ornament cupcakes. I used royal icing for the decorations and then painted on the luster dust mixed with Everclear. I used Everclear to paint it on so that it would dry quickly and not melt the royal icing.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 3:56am
post #3 of 5

i agree . the royal icing is good bc you can do it ahead of time. i use vodka, or lemon/orange extract mixed with copper luster dust.

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 4:34am
post #4 of 5

You could make the roses with carmel candies and then dust with the copper luster dust.

msg1474 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msg1474 Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 3:19am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%