Plastic Dolls For Cake Toppers? Where Do I Get Them?

Decorating By Caren Updated 5 Nov 2006 , 7:42am by 7yyrt

Caren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caren Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 8

I want to do a baby shower cake, one that I saw here in the gallery. It has a little plastic baby doll on her belly with a fondont blanket over her. Anyway, I can not find these dolls anywhere! I looked at Michaels Crafts. I don't have a cake supply store in my area. Anyone know where i can find one? I even looked on ebay. I'm desperate!!!! Help!!! icon_cry.gif

7 replies
AmyKay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyKay Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 8

You might try Hobby Lobby, if you have one near by. And if you get really desperate, you could try to find something at Toy R Us or Walmart in the baby doll section. icon_smile.gif

GenesisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenesisCakes Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 8

Hi Caren, where do you live? I've ordered from www.pattycakes.com and they usually ship in 1 business day. Or how about using a real doll?? you can get a cheap barbie from the clearance section at toys r us or even go cheaper and get a doll from the dollar store. happy hunting!

Caren Posted 4 Nov 2006 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 8

I live in central CT, near Hartford. There are NO cake decorating places around here! Very strange! At least I can't seem to find any in the phone book.

I checked the pattcakes website and there was a problem with the link to the products. And we don't have a hobby lobby around here. We have Michaels crafts but they don't have anything. I think i'm going to go to toysrus today to see if I can find something.

If anyone has any other thoughts, please let me know! I'd love to be able to order something online!

THANKS!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caren Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 2:01am
post #6 of 8

Thanks for the links. I went out today and found a couple of possibilities, but I have yet to find a single baby doll on her belly! I just think they are so adorable! I'm nervous about making my own but i will if it comes down to it. THANKS!

Caren Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 2:34am
post #7 of 8

I just looked more closely at those threads and found a link for a decorators website and I emailed her and she gave me the number to call to get the doll. Thanks for your help! You saved my life! icon_smile.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Nov 2006 , 7:42am
post #8 of 8

Delighted! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%